Tennis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hantuchova is #15 in the porsche race to the championships. firstly how has this happened? and secondly if she is so high up in the race why is everyone saying she is having a terrible year? she's having a bad year but it can't be that bad if she is 15th in the race.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I think its because she's had no stellar results. While she has reached a bunch of quarters (mainly due to getting a first round bye and then winning her second round match), she's done rather poorly. She's suppose to be the World's No. 8 player. Daniela shouldn't be that low in the Champions Race...especially considering her high entry ranking.

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
she is playing like crap this year, not as bad as jelena dokic but still crap:) hope both dokic and her will get back up there where they belong, can't imagine for dani or jelena being a barbara schett or a iva majoli where they were great players, but now they are stuck below 40 in the world

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
This is another Williams sisters thing! Dani started to believe that she REALLY could compete with the sisters( even saying Venus had to play her best to beat her!!), but after Venus pretty much shattered that theory at the Oz open her results haven´t been pretty!! Losing to Ashley twice( including a 6-2 6-1 pasting at Charleston!), losing to Amanda Coetzer.....my, my. When will people learn to stop saying they can hang with the sisters?! First Jen, then Kim, now Dani.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Shes done well in the Aus Open for a start which would help, and done well in some tier ones and twos near the start of the year.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
Shes done well in the Aus Open for a start which would help, and done well in some tier ones and twos near the start of the year.
Getting beaten by Amanda Coetzer in third round of IW, as defending champion, isn´t doing well. Getting beat by Ashley at Charleston is BAD for a top player. Getting BAGELED by KIM!!!! at Berlin isn´t doing great either.

·
Registered
172 Posts
rhz said:
is her slump created by her weight problem? or is she having that sophomore year syndrom??
Or because she played too much tennis last year?

Here are the stats:

http://www.danielahantuchova.net/stats/stats_079.php

Daniela played more tennis in 2002 than any other player (and it was all top tier tennis) and had next to no time off before the new season. She's naturally thin to start with and with all this tennis and training, no wonder her body is tired :(

·
Registered
24,565 Posts
Gowza said:
..... it can't be that bad if she is 15th in the race.
If kim Clijsters were #15, would it be a bad year for her?

I thought Dani wuld hit the top five this year. So did a lot of other people. #15 seems FAR below her abilities.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Volcana said:
If kim Clijsters were #15, would it be a bad year for her?

I thought Dani wuld hit the top five this year. So did a lot of other people. #15 seems FAR below her abilities.
Wait and see how Clijsters does next year. ;)

This year she is on course to play as much tennis as Daniela did in 2002.

Daniela did get to #5 this year btw :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.