Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can she still get a wildcard?

She needs to kick her year into gear before Wimbledon.

Reactions: Venus Forever

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
It won't happen. I think it's her birthday this week, and she says she rather not play on her birthday because she once lost a match on her birthday and she didn't like it. ;)

·
Banned
7,804 Posts
Venus does not celebrate her birthday because she's a Jehovah's Witness nor does she celebrate any other holidays.

I think she does not want to play these event the same reason she won't play Sydney. She doesnt want to get injured before a Grand Slam and she does have a valid point after today. I'm sure the pulled muscle from Wasaw had soemthing to do with her loss even is Venus is too classy to admit it.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Venus wont and should not play Eastbourne...she doesnt like to play the week before Wimby and she needs to take the time to rest her abdominal strain...

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I kind of wonder about the disappearing act Venus has pulled this year. Did she get injured after Antwerp? Was she injured in Miami as well? Is she having some physical problem that prevents her from practicing?

Lots of questions about what is going on with her, but I don't think we will be getting many answers.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. said:
If Venus plays Eastboure, I will do a naked cartwheel..........
Joshua, just for this reason alone...I hope the queen will be at Eastbourne! ;) :p

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
Josh,
give us an exhibition. :)

·
Premium Member
20,752 Posts
I highly doubt it, it's been a while since she played there and she has not been back recently. I just hope she rests up and feels better.

However if she wants Wimbledon she's gonna have to really work hard cause you know her and Serena will be on the same side of the draw.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
anton said:
Venus does not celebrate her birthday because she's a Jehovah's Witness nor does she celebrate any other holidays.

I think she does not want to play these event the same reason she won't play Sydney. She doesnt want to get injured before a Grand Slam and she does have a valid point after today. I'm sure the pulled muscle from Wasaw had soemthing to do with her loss even is Venus is too classy to admit it.
She plays New Haven right before Usopen...she needs to add Eastbourne in my opinion.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
I would like to see Venus at Eastborne, it would meen we would get more tv coverage. Since Davenport in 2001 we have had no big named played (like top 3) down south, so I think it would be nice.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
It won't happen. I think it's her birthday this week, and she says she rather not play on her birthday because she once lost a match on her birthday and she didn't like it. ;)
I saw that interview with Venus too where she said she lost at Eastbourne on her birthday one year and so considered it "bad luck" to play there again. ;) I know that she's a Jehovah's Witness and doesn't officially celebrate her birthday with the usual trappings but she is still human and nobody likes to have anything bad happen on their birthday.

I just hope that she practices, give her injury proper time to heal and comes back renewed of mind, body and spirit to the tennis world and her fans. GO VENUS, you're number one with me no matter what!!! :worship:

·
Premium Member
181,840 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:

that was when she was a Novice and got thrashed by Natasha Zvereva.
90% of players have no idea of how to play on grass these days so its not gonna happen again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts