Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The RG Q draw is out now and all four of these players have still not withdrawn from the main draw ... I guess that Kerber's dad is not as rich as Mr. Whitehead :spit:

With Nicole's wrist injury and the serious ankle injuries suffered by Golovin, Peng and Zheng, I hope that all four players and their camps are making a good decision for their long-term health when they decided to play Roland Garros :scared:

good luck to all four of them :dance:

·
Premium Member
66,184 Posts
they still have time to withdraw but it would have been better if they withdrew earlier.. I hate when LLs win Matches in MD ( if they;re not my faves:p)

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
23,442 Posts
I hope Tati isn't rushing back but I'm sure she is.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
The only one I think who should play is Peng.
Golovin had basically the same issue happen last year, just the ankle issues happen two weeks earlier last year.
She rushed back to Roland Garros and lost to Zheng in the first round.
She didn't really seem to have the same movement for the rest of the year.

Although Vaidisova plays well on clay, she probably has a better chance to make some noise at Wimbledon this year than Roland Garros.
She should rest and come back during Wimbledon or the summer hard court season, where she is comfortable with her footing.

Zheng lost to a player ranked 111 last year in the second round of Roland Garros.
If she isn't 100% I don't see a reason as to why she should play here.
It seems to be too much of a risk.

If Peng is on her game, regardless if she's 100%, she's a person players should worry about on any surface.
Because it's a slower surface, I think Peng could get her timing right nicely at this slam.

I hope to see her there.

Reactions: jisung

·
Registered
47,731 Posts
i'm pretty sure peng will withdraw.

she'll want to be as fit as possible for wimbledon, where she has 3r points to defend.

·
Banned
15,895 Posts
The only one I think who should play is Peng.

If Peng is on her game, regardless if she's 100%, she's a person players should worry about on any surface.
Because it's a slower surface, I think Peng could get her timing right nicely at this slam.

I hope to see her there.
I hope she can play, but if she is not 100% she really must withdraw.
With her history of injuries (including in 2006 - foot, knee, and now in 2007 to date - hamstring and ankle), and with the good work/relationship she now has with Michael Chang, Shuai has to think first and foremost of the rest of the season.

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
CTA said peng withdrew :eek: or she doesnt want to :haha:

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Although Vaidisova plays well on clay, she probably has a better chance to make some noise at Wimbledon this year than Roland Garros.
She should rest and come back during Wimbledon or the summer hard court season, where she is comfortable with her footing.
Nicole's extreme western grip makes it very difficult for her to play on grass, and her relatively long strokes make timing the ball difficult. She isn't comfortable coming forward all the time like Justine or Amelie or even Sveta, and I don't think she'll be a factor at Wimbledon until she learns to serve and volley (if she ever does, she'll be devastating on grass with that serve...but she probably never will.) I think she can be a much bigger factor at Roland Garros, but it's not like she'll advance past the SF at this point (not enough practice,) and I think I'd be really happy if she just lived up to her seed.

·
Registered
258 Posts
A journalist from L'Equipe phoned Tatiana yesterday and she hasn't taken her finale decision for Roland Garros yet...

" I have a training sesseion per day, and it goes well... but it's not as intense as it will be during a match. I still have 3 days to take my finale decision, but at the moment I'm still in the unknown"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts