Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Writer of Stuff
8,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. :wavey:

I just got back from FIVE glorious days in South Florida at the Sony Ericsson Open. :bounce: I was there from 9AM to late evening or early morning each of the first five days of the tournament and have TONS--more than tons--to relate. I know I promised pics of everybody's favorites, and believe me, I HAVE THEM! I took a 16GB memory card and filled it, so it will take some time to pull a few thousand photos and 2 hours of hi-res video off the card and upload it somewhere, so please be patient.

I also want to relate day by day, match by match and funny story by funny story, and it will take some time to organize my thoughts and put it down in writing, so just bear with me.

First, let me say, if you have never gone to a pro tennis tournament, you MUST! Go in the early rounds because you see everyone--in matches, on the practice court, at signings, walking around or just bumping into them. It was probably the best five days of my life.

I am typing this with a big smile on my face while wearing the Nike hat Aravane Rezai signed for me Saturday afternoon. I think I've been walking around in a daze ever since she smiled at me....

As for players, I think I got pics of just about every woman in the main draw except a few. I saw fragments of at least 50 matches and countless practices. I got video of Fed and got trampled by the mob swarming Rafa. I Saw my Tamira play twice and Aravane once so anything on top of that was gravy, for me anyway.

Even got pics of MJ Fernandez and Bud Collins, lol.

I was able to say hello and good luck to Marion Bartoli and Aravane. :hearts: I was too chicken to approach Tamira.

Saw Richard Williams with his new gal pal, I guess. Saw Tamira's dad, Marion's dad, lots of other tennis parents.

Beautiful pics of Makiri, Soriana, Caro and others. Can't wait for you guys and gals to see them!

And Schorsch, yes, I got some "good angles" of Vesnina for ya....

MUCH MUCH more to come....

·
-
26,864 Posts

·
Writer of Stuff
8,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...and Aravane herself, from Saturday the 28th. What she was still doing in Miami I dunno, but it was like manna from Heaven that I happened to catch her out hitting Saturday afternoon.

Attachments

·
Writer of Stuff
8,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I am going to start uploading photos. For now, just to whet appetites, I am going to post 1 photo of each player, match or practice, that I came across in chronological order, starting with Day 1, Wednesday March 25. After I get a pic of everyone posted, I will look for a hosting site where I can upload more shots of each, in better resolution.

First up, Cibulkova, Petrova, Peer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Oooh, looking forward to the reports. :yeah: I'm glad you had a nice time!

·
Writer of Stuff
8,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Caro, Cirstea, Lisicki, Agi Radwanska and one of a player I couldn't ID. She had just come off the court and was hitting, but maybe she's a practice partner. I dunno. Any help with an ID would be appreciated.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 130 Posts