Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a fix and now I have to go--tomorrow... :sad: My friends are supposed to testify for me because it's fucking their fault... I really hate my life sometimes, but anyway--can someone tell me how the procedure goes in these little cases?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,362 Posts
um make sure you tell teh TRUTH bcuz they ask so many good questions u can easily slip on a bad lie, ( thats ilegal anyway ) just be calm....relaxed....and answer what they ask specifically and honestly and pray for the best
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,628 Posts
Tell the truth, but leave out the stuff that might strengthen the prosecutions case. If the prosecution asks you a very good question, start to answer it and then trail off. eg...

"Well it is true I was there at the time of the incident and I was in that place but then hmghmahamhmhm"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you sit on that freaky stand where everyone watches you...

GBFH, the problem is the story is so unbelievable (however it's true!!!), that if I don't have my friends there to testify for me, I'm pretty much screwed. Haha! But anyway, I went out one night w/my friends to a place where a lot of people from our school go, and when we were leaving, my friend gave me this stupid Corona bottle to hold because I had a coat to hide it in and she didn't. It was practically empty, and she collects beer bottles and such, and puts flowers in them and just usually takes them home as decoration if not used for flowers. Anyway, this night was different. We got split up in cars, and I went with this dude Dar who's friends with the tennis team, and my friends went with one of the guys from the team. Oh how I wish I went with them, 'cause they sped off and as we were following, we got pulled over by a cop, and it turned out Dar was drunk--he had to go to jail, and I got caught with possession of alcohol by a minor, received a citation--however, was I drinking that night--no... just a few sips from another friend's bottle, but I am not even supposed to be drinking for medical reasons, so I definitely avoid doing it religiously and look what happens to me anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,948 Posts
So you're going in for the citation?
Well, that won't be too bad...even if the judge doesn't buy it, I don't think you'll go to jail ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,948 Posts
Mrs_Guga said:
I could go to jail?!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Are you serious?!
lol, no no no, you WON'T go to jail. don't worry about that.
you may have to pay a fine, but nothing more than that. It's like going in for traffic violations.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,390 Posts
JoeyWinson3.0 said:
Tell the truth, but leave out the stuff that might strengthen the prosecutions case. If the prosecution asks you a very good question, start to answer it and then trail off. eg...

"Well it is true I was there at the time of the incident and I was in that place but then hmghmahamhmhm"
lmao! oh, that was good...mrs guga if you listen to joey you could very well get out on bail... :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,390 Posts
Mrs_Guga said:
Do you sit on that freaky stand where everyone watches you...

GBFH, the problem is the story is so unbelievable (however it's true!!!), that if I don't have my friends there to testify for me, I'm pretty much screwed. Haha! But anyway, I went out one night w/my friends to a place where a lot of people from our school go, and when we were leaving, my friend gave me this stupid Corona bottle to hold because I had a coat to hide it in and she didn't. It was practically empty, and she collects beer bottles and such, and puts flowers in them and just usually takes them home as decoration if not used for flowers. Anyway, this night was different. We got split up in cars, and I went with this dude Dar who's friends with the tennis team, and my friends went with one of the guys from the team. Oh how I wish I went with them, 'cause they sped off and as we were following, we got pulled over by a cop, and it turned out Dar was drunk--he had to go to jail, and I got caught with possession of alcohol by a minor, received a citation--however, was I drinking that night--no... just a few sips from another friend's bottle, but I am not even supposed to be drinking for medical reasons, so I definitely avoid doing it religiously and look what happens to me anyway.
you see?? i swear to G-d mrs guga there are times when you post something and i just want to kick your ass! wtf are you doing drinking (even if it's a few sips) when you shouldn't for medical reasons? and wasn't drinking the reason for another friend going whacko on you? jand now you have to go to court for possession?? oh my, oh my, oh my.... :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,057 Posts
Mrs_Guga said:
Do you sit on that freaky stand where everyone watches you...

GBFH, the problem is the story is so unbelievable (however it's true!!!), that if I don't have my friends there to testify for me, I'm pretty much screwed. Haha! But anyway, I went out one night w/my friends to a place where a lot of people from our school go, and when we were leaving, my friend gave me this stupid Corona bottle to hold because I had a coat to hide it in and she didn't. It was practically empty, and she collects beer bottles and such, and puts flowers in them and just usually takes them home as decoration if not used for flowers. Anyway, this night was different. We got split up in cars, and I went with this dude Dar who's friends with the tennis team, and my friends went with one of the guys from the team. Oh how I wish I went with them, 'cause they sped off and as we were following, we got pulled over by a cop, and it turned out Dar was drunk--he had to go to jail, and I got caught with possession of alcohol by a minor, received a citation--however, was I drinking that night--no... just a few sips from another friend's bottle, but I am not even supposed to be drinking for medical reasons, so I definitely avoid doing it religiously and look what happens to me anyway.

That is easy, take medical proof that you cannot intake alcohol and if your friend was smart, he would fess up to his drinking or he could face a greater charge of having a minor in possession of alcohol and also endangering the welfare of a child cos after all he was drunk. You just tell the truth in that it was your friends and you did not get a breath analyzer test to prove that you consume alcohol anyway.

You holding a bottle doesn't make you guilty since it wasn't your car and second the driver was the one who was drunk. Your only guilt by law is that you are a minor and the last time I checked, that too is not your fault. Your friend is the one in deep shit cos they're the grown-up and should have known better. Dar already did time for the incident and depending on his behavior, he might just get off and do some classes or pay a fine..... if this is in fact his first offense of the same nature.
 

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
Joined
·
49,309 Posts
Technically it's a Class A Misdemeanor...punishable by UP TO 364 days in a county jail or UP TO $1000.00 in fines. (I work in the law system, so I know this stuff).

However, DON'T FREAK!! You won't get that stiff sentence, unless you are a repeat offender. Just fess up to what happened, and act geniunely concerned about your future. Be mindful of the judge, and respect him. The whole respect thing goes realllllly far.

I'd say at most, you'll get 6 months court supervision, and if you're under 18 (17 for some states) your record will be 'expunged'. Meaning when you cross 18 *17 in some states*, it's like it never happened.

So be honest, concerned, and respectful.

Here's how it will work: the judge (I'm assuming this is a bench trial?), will ask you who do you plead to the charge of illegal possession of alcohol by a minor. You (your lawyer) will say either guilty or not guilty.

If you say GUILTY, you will be 'sentenced' right then. Don't be scared, a beer bottle is NO big thing.

If you say NOT GUILTY, you can either request a trial by judge or a jury trial (depending on your state of residence)...

Remember, Judges have been doing this A LONG TIME and will know a bullshit story when it's said. They've heard all the stuff time and time and time and time again.

You'll be fine I promise... I see this stuff EVERYDAY. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,057 Posts
Seles said:
Actually "possession" does NOT include only drinking. Holding a can/bottle, etc is possession.

Take into consideration that the driver was drunk and the minor was in that drunk's car. That already says that the bottle was the driver's or maybe the minor forced the adult to drink?....just being scarcastic.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Seles said:
Technically it's a Class A Misdemeanor...punishable by UP TO 364 days in a county jail or UP TO $1000.00 in fines. (I work in the law system, so I know this stuff).

However, DON'T FREAK!! You won't get that stiff sentence, unless you are a repeat offender. Just fess up to what happened, and act geniunely concerned about your future. Be mindful of the judge, and respect him. The whole respect thing goes realllllly far.

I'd say at most, you'll get 6 months court supervision, and if you're under 18 (17 for some states) your record will be 'expunged'. Meaning when you cross 18 *17 in some states*, it's like it never happened.

So be honest, concerned, and respectful.

Here's how it will work: the judge (I'm assuming this is a bench trial?), will ask you who do you plead to the charge of illegal possession of alcohol by a minor. You (your lawyer) will say either guilty or not guilty.

If you say GUILTY, you will be 'sentenced' right then. Don't be scared, a beer bottle is NO big thing.

If you say NOT GUILTY, you can either request a trial by judge or a jury trial (depending on your state of residence)...

Remember, Judges have been doing this A LONG TIME and will know a bullshit story when it's said. They've heard all the stuff time and time and time and time again.

You'll be fine I promise... I see this stuff EVERYDAY. :)
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD, I know dear, I know... I just have either really great luck or really bad luck... drinking feels good, but I've never done it to the extent where I'm throwing up or having a hangover and can't remember last nite. Why do bad things happen to good people?!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,491 Posts
Mrs_Guga said:
Do you sit on that freaky stand where everyone watches you...

GBFH, the problem is the story is so unbelievable (however it's true!!!), that if I don't have my friends there to testify for me, I'm pretty much screwed. Haha! But anyway, I went out one night w/my friends to a place where a lot of people from our school go, and when we were leaving, my friend gave me this stupid Corona bottle to hold because I had a coat to hide it in and she didn't. It was practically empty, and she collects beer bottles and such, and puts flowers in them and just usually takes them home as decoration if not used for flowers. Anyway, this night was different. We got split up in cars, and I went with this dude Dar who's friends with the tennis team, and my friends went with one of the guys from the team. Oh how I wish I went with them, 'cause they sped off and as we were following, we got pulled over by a cop, and it turned out Dar was drunk--he had to go to jail, and I got caught with possession of alcohol by a minor, received a citation--however, was I drinking that night--no... just a few sips from another friend's bottle, but I am not even supposed to be drinking for medical reasons, so I definitely avoid doing it religiously and look what happens to me anyway.

thakn your lucky stars you dont live in NJ... theyd revoke your license for six months and either get a 1000 fine or tons of community service hours.

and it doesnt matter if youre driving or not... if youre under 21 and drinking [you had an open container.. WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?], its illegal.

next time let your friends do their own dirty work
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top