Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cheering for Juju at the end of that match. My sister was cheering hard for her, and I had to join in. Great win Juju!! Although Juju overdramatized the cramps at 3-5 in the second set. Cappy was influencing the chairperson so it was an eye for an eye as far as I was concerned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,949 Posts
Knizzle said:
I was cheering for Juju at the end of that match. My sister was cheering hard for her, and I had to join in. Great win Juju!! Although Juju overdramatized the cramps at 3-5 in the second set. Cappy was influencing the chairperson so it was an eye for an eye as far as I was concerned.
aaaah! this really does something to me coming from you! :kiss:
Man, I am over emotional, I would hug and kiss everyone right now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,406 Posts
What a match. There I was at 6-4, 5-3, preparing to come on here afterwards and say that Capriati had really raised her level to come through with a win, and note the irony of vocal crowd support rebounding on Henin (although I do think Capriati worked the home crowd here far more than Henin ever did at RG). I was ready to say something similar at 6-4, 5-7, 5-3, that Henin had made a noble fightback but just came up short in the end.

But eventually, she managed to hang around long enough to plant seeds of doubt in Capriati's mind, and even though she was still making terrible forehand errors in the final set, it was she who was able to keep the ball in play longer in the tiebreak and scratch out the win. I do think Capriati's emotions get the better of her in these situations, she was just too fired up and determined to win that it made her play worse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
katrientje said:
aaaah! this really does something to me coming from you! :kiss:
Man, I am over emotional, I would hug and kiss everyone right now
Don't get me wrong, I will be rooting for Kim tomorrow, but we can spread the love tonight. :hug:

You are a female right?? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,730 Posts
Sjengster, WTF are you doing here? ;)

I didn't get to see the match but from the looks of the scoreboard, it was a huge meltdown from Capriati. People call Kim a choker but even she didn't fall that fast . . . twice in one match.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,564 Posts
Knizzle said:
I was cheering for Juju at the end of that match. My sister was cheering hard for her, and I had to join in. Great win Juju!! Although Juju overdramatized the cramps at 3-5 in the second set. Cappy was influencing the chairperson so it was an eye for an eye as far as I was concerned.

*enjoys this moment* :D

@Katrientje :hug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,762 Posts
Sorry I was behind Jennifer all the way..but I dont think there's any person I know who can't give credit to Justine. She really toughed it out and if I were there I would definitely have given her a standing ovation. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,406 Posts
TennisHack said:
Sjengster, WTF are you doing here? ;)

I didn't get to see the match but from the looks of the scoreboard, it was a huge meltdown from Capriati. People call Kim a choker but even she didn't fall that fast . . . twice in one match.
Adrenaline, Hackie - I stayed up all night watching this semi, and I'll probably be dead in about half an hour. But certainly, that one match eclipsed anything that happened in the men's draw today, particularly the match with Schalken... ahem, we won't go into that. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[email protected] Rocketta and Ballbuster. I didn't like Capriati's attitude and the way Henin was being treated by the linespeople and the crowd. Plus I could tell that Cappy and her family thought they had it in the bag at 5-3 in the second. I didn't like that cockiness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,730 Posts
Hendouble said:
Adrenaline, Hackie - I stayed up all night watching this semi, and I'll probably be dead in about half an hour. But certainly, that one match eclipsed anything that happened in the men's draw today, particularly the match with Schalken... ahem, we won't go into that. ;)
*hug* Yes, we were thinking about you today during that match. Apparently Sjeng was injured? :confused: We didn't get that sorted out. But hey, at least Ferrero won :D

This is some crazy shit, isn't it? Very reminiscent of staying up for the Masters Cup semis and final last year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,884 Posts
If it means anything, I gave them a standing ovation.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top