·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I doubt it matters a lot considering her problem is chronical

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Kart said:
Still rest is rest. I think it's good for her :D.
Still, if she is to win the tournament three matches need to be played, the longer the rest now, the shorter the period in which those 3 matches will have to be completed.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great smash said:
Still, if she is to win the tournament three matches need to be played, the longer the rest now, the shorter the period in which those 3 matches will have to be completed.
But it is not like they would make her play two matches in one day, they do that in regular tournaments, not slams. With all this rest, Lindsay could conceivably play three days in a row and be fine, if it comes down to that! ;)

·
Registered
14,845 Posts
it would be better for her if the rain delay came after her quarters, so if she wins, she'll have a long time to rest before playing kim or momo

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
moby said:
it would be better for her if the rain delay came after her quarters, so if she wins, she'll have a long time to rest before playing kim or momo
yes, rain after the 1/4's would be a far better solution ;) :p

GO LINDSAY! :bounce:

-Rachel :angel:

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,207 Posts
I just thought - what if it rains for today and , say, tomorrow. It would mean that for sure they would not have a traditional format super-Saturday and that saturday would have had much more matches than just three and there will be plenty of tennis to watch. Will they issue groundpasses then ( which they normally don't do for the second Saturday )?

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
RayRob said:
yes, rain after the 1/4's would be a far better solution ;) :p
somebody relay that to the weather gods. I'm sure it can be arranged :lol: BUAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Its much worse to go 3 days without playing hten play 3 days in a row which is terrible for injury then playing every couple days.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Evonne Goolagong said:
Isn't it just fantastic for Lindsay's foot? :hearts: :hearts:
no because she will have to play matches back to back to back without a day of rest inbetween or possibly two in the same day. not good for her foot the rain sucks.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,207 Posts
Cybelle Darkholme said:
no because she will have to play matches back to back to back without a day of rest inbetween or possibly two in the same day. not good for her foot the rain sucks.
She might lose the third one then, but by then she would have performed way above the expectations. And I am not sure that Paola will make her work really hard.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Paola makes everyone work hard ...last tiem tehy played was in LA this summer Lindsay winning 4-6 6-2 6-4

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cybelle Darkholme said:
lindsay has played back to back matches in regular tournaments, and has been fine until the fifth match ... three will pose no problems.

Any time that you have an injury, three days of rest is good. This is especially true for Lindsay, who was noticeably limping after beating Petrova.

Rollo :kiss:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts