Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post sparked my question:

Martian Stacey said:
The removal of the thread had nothing to do with "legal trouble". It was purely a decision made by a forum moderator who believed the thread was getting out of hand.
My question is- when threads are removed/deleted/closed, is it the decision of one moderator, a group of moderators, a couple moderators?

I just wondered because when a big thread gets closed, after being open for a long time, I assumed that the moderators as a group chose to close it. But, according to Martian Stacey, this was not the case in the Sharapova thread.

I'm not upset/mad/trying to be offensive in anyway, I just was curious as to how it works.

And what if one moderator disagrees with another? Or is it- all moderators stick together and support the others, even if they disagree with the decisions??

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
They don't sit around all discussing every action before taking it - otherwise nothing would ever happen.

If a thread gets closed after being open for some time, it's usually because it has gotten out of hand or it's only just come to a moderator's attention. Sometimes a thread is being watched closely to see which direction it takes before any action is taken.

Every action is documented in the moderator forum though and is open to criticism from the other moderators. If someone disagrees, they say so and occasionally that leads to decisions being reversed after discussion.

Generally speaking though, most of the moderators appear to be of the same mind when it comes to moderating decisions from what I've seen.

·
Registered
17,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't sit around all discussing every action before taking it - otherwise nothing would ever happen.

If a thread gets closed after being open for some time, it's usually because it has gotten out of hand or it's only just come to a moderator's attention. Sometimes a thread is being watched closely to see which direction it takes before any action is taken.

Every action is documented in the moderator forum though and is open to criticism from the other moderators. If someone disagrees, they say so and occasionally that leads to decisions being reversed after discussion.

Generally speaking though, most of the moderators appear to be of the same mind when it comes to moderating decisions from what I've seen.

Hmm... interesting. I'm glad the decisions get reviewed and are opened to criticism :devil:

Thanks Kart :wavey:

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have a question. Who do I contact to report a moderator?

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
what has a mod done? Close your Camilla-Maria thread? I doubt a mod said anything offensive, the Mods are all respectful people:p
who said i want to report a bad thing? what if i just want to tell them how good the mods are doing

·
Dubai Love
52,405 Posts
who said i want to report a bad thing? what if i just want to tell them how good the mods are doing
reports are supposed to be about bad posts:lol:, kinda why on the bottom of the reports it says report is only for harassment, and rude posts;)

·
Registered
927 Posts
reports are supposed to be about bad posts:lol:, kinda why on the bottom of the reports it says report is only for harassment, and rude posts;)
ok then where do I contact someone to give complimets?

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
I have a question. Who do I contact to report a moderator?
If you wish to air grievances you should do so privately by sending a private message to an administrator, or, if it's the administrator you are unhappy with, you can contact another administrator or the webmaster(s) Steve and truebluefan.

A list of forum leaders can be found here:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showgroups.php

·
Registered
23,555 Posts
I'd like to nominate Alicia Rocks for to be the Asian Forum Mod :rocker2: (and no he didn't pay me to say that...but he could :p)

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.