Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
If she wants it bad enough and can remain healthy!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Somebody posted that also before Wimbledon.

Not that she would win the USOpen but Wimbledon ;)

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts
nate_my_love said:
Yes...I have such a feeling..
What are your opinions?
Ordinarily, I would agree with you wholeheartedly (check my sig), but this year has been so unpredictable; for instance, I still can't believe that Paola Suarez has won more prize money in singles than in doubles. I would have bet everything I own on that never happening. ;)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Very unlikely but you never know

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,117 Posts
My prediction - you should look for US Open 2004 champion among the players who don't play Olympics. Davenport, Sharapova, Zvonareva. Henin, if she skips it.

·
Premium Member
19,766 Posts
If Venus dedicates herself to tennis 100% she can take any Russian out of the US Open. Until she gives it her all she will continue to lose early.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
nate_my_love said:
Yes...I have such a feeling..
What are your opinions?
Nice feeling, Nate. Hey, what have you got to lose? If it doesn't happen, big deal! Right now, I'm feeling good: it's Friday afternoon! :hehehe:

Seriously, I haven't seen enough of the season to harbor any feeling in that respect.

Reactions: -Ph51-

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
ys said:
My prediction - you should look for US Open 2004 champion among the players who don't play Olympics. Davenport, Sharapova, Zvonareva. Henin, if she skips it.
Yes. Or, any top player who loses early at the Olympics. There's only a week in between the Olympics and the US Open - not enough physical/mental/emotional recovery time for another major tournament, especially taking into account the two transatlantic flights all the Olympic players will have to make in the weeks prior to the USO.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts