Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how the hell this pathetic network gets the coverage every year?

I can tell. Year after year the US Open coverage is by far the worst :mad:

Not only they have to show boring men's matches when high profile women are playing, but those camera angles!!!

really is the camera director retarded? Most of the poinst are taken from behind the player. I taped the Mary-Dokic man and I am fast forwarding it because it's so fucking annoying to watch it with those camera angles.

don't they know they have to show the whole fucking court? not one of the player's ass?. Couldn't they hire a proffessional to do the job? It's every fucking year the same, you miss half of the matches because of the idiotic camear angles :fiery:

I sent them a not so nice email, maybe if they receive enough complains they will fire that moron they have as a camera director.

·
psychotic banana
3,023 Posts
Actually I like the camera angle, and I know some people agree with me. You can really feel the pace of the ball when the length of the court is "elongated" (using the behind the player view).

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Looks like you are the only complaining.

I like their coverage.

Yes, they show more men's, but who cares, that is where the higher quality tennis is. Women's is an unforced error fest mostly. It's not fun, especially in the early rounds. Only until the Fourth round does it start to get somewhat good.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Fingon said:
I guess you don't like to watch tennis then
I love watching tennis. The problem is, the men's matches are a lot more exciting in the early rounds than any of the Womens.

Please, who but Capriati fans want to watch her beat Sucha 6-1 6-1?

Who, but the Williams fans, want to watch them beat Schett 6-0 6-0?

Men's is just higher quality, especially in the first round.

It doesn't get exciting on the women's side until the Quarters mainly.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
Looks like you are the only complaining.

I like their coverage.

Yes, they show more men's, but who cares, that is where the higher quality tennis is. Women's is an unforced error fest mostly. It's not fun, especially in the early rounds. Only until the Fourth round does it start to get somewhat good.
I know stop being such a crybaby about not getting the perfect camera angle. How stupid. So the court angle determines 80% of if you like the coverage or not. Would you rather have 6 hours a day of espn compared to 10 hours of USA??? Be happy you saw and had the opportunity to record the match. You wouldn't dare be able to do that with ESPN

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jbone_0307 said:
I know stop being such a crybaby about not getting the perfect camera angle. How stupid. So the court angle determines 80% of if you like the coverage or not. Would you rather have 6 hours a day of espn compared to 10 hours of USA??? Be happy you saw and had the opportunity to record the match. You wouldn't dare be able to do that with ESPN

well, I like to see the court and where the ball bounces, not miss half of the court as you do with those angles.

I am not going to stop being a "crybaby" I will complain as much as I want, and I prefer ONE hour of good coverage than 12 hours of crap.

USA is the only network that uses those ridiculous angles. BBC doesn't do it, the french tv doesn't do it, australian tv doesn't do it, ESPN doesn't do it, TNT doesn't do it. They give a damn shit for their expectators, they just want to play with their toys.

You can't see how the players construct the points, you don't know if the balls is in or out, you only see the player's ass and have to guess where the ball is bouncing.

In fact, the 10 hours coverage of USA is reduced practically to zero. From the boring Ginepri match to showing a match where you can't appreaciate it, certainly I prefer less coverage but of a better quality.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
I love watching tennis. The problem is, the men's matches are a lot more exciting in the early rounds than any of the Williams.

I agree, there is a lot more depth in the mens games and I prefer watching the mens early round matches.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have really, really enjoyed USAs coverage of the USO! I have seen so many players over the last four days! That's really important to me because the field is so large at the beginning of the tournament and some of the first/second round matches are the most exciting. I liked the taped delayed finish to Guga and Sargsian's matches on Tuesday and Wednesday nights because they were both close and controversial. It's great the way they've been switching between matches because I like so many different players and I'm always interested in new blood. I like the behind the player view of points also. The profiles and interviews have been quick and well produced. Then USA gets right back to tennis! Tonight was very cool because there was more than one good match going on at the same time and the network checked in on all of them.

I would definitely write to them if I didn't like what I saw, Fingon. But, this time around USA will be getting a happy-gram from me. :) :D :drool:

·
Registered
27,777 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
I love watching tennis. The problem is, the men's matches are a lot more exciting in the early rounds than any of the Womens.

The problem is that the womens matches that are showcased on TV in the early rounds are onesided affairs... there is usually lots of action going around on the outer courts that is worth watching :p Overall i agree, since I like mens tennis better. But it's not fair to say that ALL the womens first round matches are crap...that simply isn't true. They just dont' bother to showcase anybody who isn't Jenn, Lindsay, etc.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Queen Rebecca said:
I'm so glad that I clicked on this thread to read those last two posts.

Thanks for that.
you learn something new everyday

This post has also been a waste of your time as you're well aware even before you reach the end of this sentence.

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
I kinda agree with Fingon about those camera angles being sucky. I would rather see the whole court better than just "feeling the pace of the ball". what good is that doing me. I like seeing the whole court and the point construction better. btw, the camera angles were bad in the Acura Classic finals too on ABC

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.