Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope Ferrero kicks his A$$ 6-1,6-1,6-1!

He is just so dumb, the way he plays, the way he looks, and him when he played Roddick at the US lat year.

DOWN WITH VERKERK! :bounce:

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
VenusSerena#1Fan said:

He is just so dumb, the way he plays, the way he looks, and him when he played Roddick at the US lat year.

This is your scouting report? I'd hate to have you as my coach. I'd go down 6-1, 6-1, 6-1!

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Groupie, stop trolling. And you will do as I say as I'm your lord and master.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Sorry Rebecks, I am driving the Verkerk bandwagon! Go back to the Spaniard!!!!

VERKERK RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is not even ugly. I don't get it

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Mrs_Guga said:
Sorry Rebecks, I am driving the Verkerk bandwagon! Go back to the Spaniard!!!!

VERKERK RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is not even ugly. I don't get it
I think he's kind of cute, he just has a strangely shaped head and makes animated faces. But really, what Spaniard? I'm so not into this final at all. I mean, I'm into it and all, but eh. I don't care who wins. And I know that you don't believe me :p

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
I don't want to believe you! LOL! Hello, you are Juanquita! Not care... last time you he lost a final didn't you go berzerk or something?! You MUST care. Juanqui is your baby! You've been waiting for this moment forever. I like Verkerk, but if he were playing Kim tomorrow (??), I would definitely care. I LOVE THAT WOMAN!! And love is a strong word

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Eh.... 3 years isn't really all that long! Besides, I won't even be able to follow it live. I work that day 2 hours into the mathc, and will miss the last. So I'll have to tape it all and hope for the best... won't get home until it stops being busy, so I might not know the result until 10pm or later. Oh well!

And yes, I went bezerk when he lost to Hewitt... but that was more likely due to me being in a rough patch than my deep love of Ferrero :p

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
blah @ Martin Bersek! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Hmm, this sounds like a hint of bitterness from a Williams fan that Verkerk has made the RG final when neither of the Gruesome Twosome have managed to do so. And the fact that he can serve bigger than either of them.

I know, the way he plays is so dumb and annoying. A big serve, following it into the net with volleys, taking risks - what player ever had any success in Grand Slams with that kind of game?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Don't worry, when Verkerk is approaching 32 and can't rally his way out of a paper bag on clay, no-one will be looking at him as a potential RG finalist again.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
How can anyone "hate" Verkerk. He doesn't have movie star looks and he's sort of goofy, but my word. What a nice guy. He was HAPPY that Coria wasn't defaulted. Any woman on the tour would be saying... give me the default... maybe Kim wouldn't but who else wouldn't be glad? And then the sweetheart thing of going back after Roland Garros to play tennis on his club team because he promised it a year ago. That's so nice. He could be getting ready for the grass season, but he's playing a rinky dink clay club tournament because he doesn't want to let his friends down.

I like both JCF and Verkerk. It will be a great story whoever wins... the Verkerk story will be greater of course because he will be the first since Wilander... and Mats was just a kid.. to win a Roland Garros debut.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Well, when he arrived at Roland Garros two weeks ago, I imagine that playing that clay-court tournament in Holland seemed a very rational and obvious decision given that he probably wasn't going to be around too long in Paris... or so he thought. That's what's so great about all this, especially when you consider he was down three matchpoints on his serve in the second round against Horna and saved them all with aces. He's fought his way to this stage of the tournament, and you can't say he's had an easy draw even though he didn't have to play Federer early on.

And I don't want to sound like one of those journalists bemoaning the failure of attacking players on clay, but it is great to see a player of his style being able to beat players of the quality of Moya and Coria on this surface. I never thought he would be able to out-rally Coria in a Grand Slam clay-court match, but he did it. And apart from anything else, it's always good to see someone new and unheralded reaching a Grand Slam final.

·
Registered
29,716 Posts
VenusSerena#1Fan said:

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

But he isn't fucking clown like Roddick and he is in the final where deer Andy wasn't.

·
Registered
29,716 Posts
Hendouble said:
Well, when he arrived at Roland Garros two weeks ago, I imagine that playing that clay-court tournament in Holland seemed a very rational and obvious decision given that he probably wasn't going to be around too long in Paris... or so he thought. That's what's so great about all this, especially when you consider he was down three matchpoints on his serve in the second round against Horna and saved them all with aces. He's fought his way to this stage of the tournament, and you can't say he's had an easy draw even though he didn't have to play Federer early on.

And I don't want to sound like one of those journalists bemoaning the failure of attacking players on clay, but it is great to see a player of his style being able to beat players of the quality of Moya and Coria on this surface. I never thought he would be able to out-rally Coria in a Grand Slam clay-court match, but he did it. And apart from anything else, it's always good to see someone new and unheralded reaching a Grand Slam final.
Yes finally something new on clay. It was really boring for me to watched Hamburg SF and final. I think it will better to watch him and Ferrero because his style is different than Costa, Mantilla or Corretja.

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
Martin was very sexy looking in his press conference with his hair style and he has a nice physique and chest hair. He is a real big hunky man! And he is very very nice in his interviews. He talked about why he cried after the semis and what a great player JCF is and how far done he had been and how he will never forgot the hard times. His game is fun to watch too. He has great power, shockingly good defense and anticipation and good volleys and a cannonball serve.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts