Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just angers me to read that because France did not support the U.S. in the war with Iraq, that we have decided to "punish" the French by considering boycotting French goods.

To make matters worse, France doesn't seem to give a damn and is threatning to do the same thing in boycotting American goods as well.

Alright so politicians are gonna play childish games with each other. The sad part of it is, the American players are probably gonna face backlash when they compete in upcoming events in Strasberg and Roland Garros.

I guess Jennifer and Serena had better not look at a bush cross-eyed. :rolleyes:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
What a ridiculous thread...why would you just assume that the french are gonna be rude jackasses like americans? Not the whole word is like that ya know... ';'

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh Rtael you are the bigger jackass anyway so I am not surprised about your stupid answer anyway.

And it shows how much you know nothing about American and French relationships. The two countries perceive each other as rude to begin with.

And we already know how fussy the French crowds are during the French Open.

Rtael are you always this unintelligent? If so baby you need help or just good drugs........

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
riiiight...it's intelligent to assume, without reason, that the French crowd is going to be rude and boo all the Americans just because their Americans? That's not a jackass thing to do, oh no....

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
Jakeev - where have you been? Did you just now wake up the anti-French backlash in the US?

Anyway. When asked if American crowds had given her a hard time, Amelie said no, they had not, and that sports and politics were seperate and that most people understood that (and I belive a number of other French women said pretty much the same thing).

Now if American tennis fans can manage to be polite to French tennis players in the midst of "freedom fry" foolishness, what makes you think Les Grenouilles will be unable to control themselves?

Why don't we wait until we actually have something to complain about before we start complaining.

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct griffin we will have to wait and see. But I still think American players will need to embrace the fact they will face backlash in light of recent events in Iraq.

·
45,913 Posts
What they did to Emilie was stupid. I doubt the French will be mean to American players. Generally the French are very polite, unless they're ones that world in places like tourist areas where they have to deal with snotty Americans a lot ;)

I read a whole book on this. Anyway, French players are the worst treated in France, I don't think the Americans have anything to fear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts