Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not necessarily on this board, but in the media period. It seems like they want to make too much about Venus' injury. You would think they would know Venus enough by now to see that she comes back well from injuries, and would rather practice at home instead of playing warm up tournaments immediately before a slam. New Haven is the only exception. I think she is being disregarded a little too much. They seem to want a first time champion crowned. Am I alone here??

· Banned
822 Posts
So what? we just have to let her racquet do the job. It's quite understandable why she's been treated or regarded by the press the way she is. It may take a bit of a miracle for someone who didn't play any warm up to win a major, though I believe she's capable of bringing it out big time.

· Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CamilleVidann said:
So what? we just have to let her racquet do the job. It's quite understandable why she's been treated or regarded by the press the way she is. It may take a bit of a miracle for someone who didn't play any warm up to win a major, though I believe she's capable of bringing it out big time.
She's done it before, and made the final of others with little to no match practice.

· Registered
2,156 Posts
Knizzle said:
Not necessarily on this board, but in the media period. It seems like they want to make too much about Venus' injury. You would think they would know Venus enough by now to see that she comes back well from injuries, and would rather practice at home instead of playing warm up tournaments immediately before a slam. New Haven is the only exception. I think she is being disregarded a little too much. They seem to want a first time champion crowned. Am I alone here??
Actually, it will put less pressure on her and make her victory sweeter Knizzle, so it ist okay with me. I aint expecting miracles simply because I dont know if she is 100%. So why not channel your positive energy towards her being fully fit than getting fustrated over nothing.

To be fair, the 2 Belgians are the favourites based on their respective performances this sommer. Anyone who denys it is simply smoking crack.

· Banned
822 Posts
servenrichie said:
Actually, it will put less pressure on her and make her victory sweeter Knizzle, so it ist okay with me. I aint expecting miracles simply because I dont know if she is 100%. So why not channel your positive energy towards her being fully fit than getting fustrated over nothing.

To be fair, the 2 Belgians are the favourites based on their respective performances this sommer. Anyone who denys it is simply smoking crack.
I couldn't agree more..

Hi servenrichie how are you? :wavey: :wavey:

· Registered
10,975 Posts
eh life fucking sucks

stop whining :p

· Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
servenrichie said:

Well with the WS absent, who was going to beat the Belgians??

· Registered
2,156 Posts
Knizzle said:
Well with the WS absent, who was going to beat the Belgians??
That is beside the point. The Williamses are having injury problems at the moment, so logically, the healthy ones are the favourites to win the thing. On the other hand the Williames suprise us and end up winning, when you thought they are down and out. That is called hope for their fans, in no way is that logical.
I pray that Venus is healthy and that she will win the whole shebang, but I also recognise that she is/was injured, therefore it may not happen.
What I wont get, is fustrated, because Kim and Justine are being given more chances of winning the Open. It is only logical

· Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
servenrichie said:
That is beside the point. The Williamses are having injury problems at the moment, so logically, the healthy ones are the favourites to win the thing. On the other hand the Williames suprise us and end up winning, when you thought they are down and out. That is called hope for their fans, in no way is that logical.
I pray that Venus is healthy and that she will win the whole shebang, but I also recognise that she is/was injured, therefore it may not happen.
What I wont get, is fustrated, because Kim and Justine are being given more chances of winning the Open. It is only logical
Also the other players and some of the media are saying, Oh Serena's out so now I have a great chance to win which is funny because Serena can only beat one side of the draw(even Davenport said this), and who was the other person beating that other side in 5 of the past 6 Grand Slams, but all of a sudden she gets no respect from anyone. It will be a sweeter victory for Venus at the Open. The haters can talk until their mouths fall off.

· Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I am also surprised at how little Venus is being suggested as a winner. I guess it's because no-one knows how she is doing (injury-wise or form-wise) since she has not played for so long. However, I think she has about the same chance as Kim and Justine if she's healthy and "on". I think there's a very high chance it will be one of those three.

· Registered
10,884 Posts
I think the media knows that Venus is dangerous regardless of how long she has been gone. Her draw for the Open is very favorable for her so she could easily work her way to a title.

But reality is she will be rusty. WHen she came back from her wrist injury in 2000, she did lose a few matches before her Wimbledon run.

I am one that definitely is not saying Venus cannot win the Open. But I don't think it will be easy for her.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.