Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of you (esp. huge Kim fans) can explain why it is you seem to get upset by the fact that others find it topic worthy that the Worlds #1 in a sport...any sport; is not it's best 2nd best or even 3rd best player in the world. Is it because you realize the truth and seek to shelter her and yourselves from hearing the truth. If so believe me Kim knows she not #1 in terms of being the best...but is #1 in terms of playing the most tournaments the best.

This of course doesn't mean she's not improving and may very well be World's #1 in the accepted meaning of the term...but not today, and it's a big deal...i.e. people are talking about it.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Interesting point. Maybe some of the fans are just trying to make more out her ranking than there really is at this time.

VENUS & SERENA were the best players in the world before, during and after their #1 rankings and possibly many fans and tennis observers got used to the standards that they set.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,694 Posts
I hadn't really noticed any Kim fans getting upset. It was the Serena fans who were making thread after thread about it, and repeating the same post over and over and over. :)

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Willow said:
I hadn't really noticed any Kim fans getting upset. It was the Serena fans who were making thread after thread about it, and repeating the same post over and over and over. :)
Yeah that's it!! We hadn't made a fuzz about that ranking! OK, she have it, but what? We know she's not THE best, but she's one of the best out there!! That's it!

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Willow said:
indeed, I second that. I wasn't upset about it 'cause we know serena is still better than kim but doesn't play enough to keep her ranking. It's just that you guys kept on nagging about it in more than twenty different threads with just one purpose: trying to upset us and most of you couldn't even find ONE good word about Kim. That's not trying to discuss something, that's what I call childish behaviour.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
it's the fact that kim never gets any credit tenniswise. people only come with but I like her, she is so nice

please :eek:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
and I am not talking about this especially. it has always been this way :eek:

·
Premium Member
19,825 Posts
Well Kim fans get ready to put the boxing gloves on because that is what happens when a player becomes #1. Add that with that fact that Kim has never won a slam and that only adds fuel to the fire.

I for one like Kim, because she has class but that alone will not stop the constant criticism of her position. Once she wins a slam then that will solidify her #1 spot. But I also realize that she worked hard, and played by the rules so she is #1 at the moment.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Come-on-kim said:
Yeah that's it!! We hadn't made a fuzz about that ranking! OK, she have it, but what? We know she's not THE best, but she's one of the best out there!! That's it!
They are all good. On any given day, depending on a combination of conditions, any of the top girls can be THE best.

Anyhow, haven't we debated this topic to excess?! :rolleyes: I'm sure Serena and Kim aren't as caught up in it as we are!! ;)

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Id have to agree Vs1.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts