Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at first i really did when it was 5-1 in the final set but then when you see her reaction to losing you know that she is the type of person that isn't really going to be all that cut about the loss, and appreciates what a great life she has and how much she has achieved. she gives such friendly handshakes after losing important matches.

you can see where she got it from because her mum (mom) was so polite in clapping unreservedly when sharapova won.

question: why not put maria's father in the second row of the box so the other family doesn't need to view his reaction to her win? i felt sorry for ai and lindsay's mum having to watch that after their daughters lost matches they could (should) have won. i really think that's a tradition that could be broken.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,886 Posts
Yes, I think the same. She was smiling when she was 1-5 0-30 down. She knows she achieved a lot in tennis. She looks for the future - for the family life waiting for her.
All the best to you Lindsay :kiss:

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Nice post... Lindsay is a real classy person and this loss will hurt her for a few days, but I know she'll get over it :) Luv ya Lindsay :kiss: Sharapova's reactions are becoming less unnerving and I like it. That was one of the reasons I didn't really like her. Her father's reaction was just ugly, they shouldn't have shown him...

Lindsay, you are an awesome person :D

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Although she seems happier than expected I do expect this loss to have a lot to do with her decision about retirement at the end of the year. I also think she will be a MUCH stronger player on the summer circut because her resolve will be stronger. Go Lindsay!

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
PatM04 said:
Although she seems happier than expected I do expect this loss to have a lot to do with her decision about retirement at the end of the year. I also think she will be a MUCH stronger player on the summer circut because her resolve will be stronger. Go Lindsay!
No. She'll be Miss Mope. Or if smiles while losing is her new attitude, then that's worse. End. She needs to just go away and reproduce somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts