Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I get my hopes up God just shoots it down!:sad: Today was just a terrible day! First Su-Wei lsoes in 3 sets and now Martina! I can't forgive God for constantly doing this to me!:sad:

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Surely you don't mean that. God has done everything for reason. MAYBE this is a good thing for Hingis....I don't have a reason but just have hope. That's all there's left and when you never lose your faith neither will Martina....

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Even the most hardened Hingis adversary would have to shed a tear over that match :sad: :sad: :sad:. She was so close. I cannot believe it and cannot even imagine how devastated Martina must be :sad: . I can't write anymore, tennis is really shitting me off lately :eek:

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
it's ok KC,
everyone has his time...God has blessed Martina with a lot...and will continue to bless her with a lot more, you know that...

we shouldn't feel so bad. although i admit i didn't feel like talking to anyone around me when i heard the news that jen won

shucks, martina will win it next year. she always does so well in australia. i thought her best chance of winning a slam would be here, but cmon, this IS martina we're talking about. she'll be back in slam finals before we know it...i'd even bet she'd do great in RG!

this wasn't the ideal result for her at all, especially since she HAD the chance to win this...but martina learns from every match and she will just be mentally stronger after this...so let's still call it a good two-weeks of tennis from martina allright?!

martina, congratulations still

·
Team WTAworld, The Martian Llama
20,264 Posts
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

The worst I've ever felt after a match and seeing Martina in tears after the match, made it all the more difficult to take :sad:
My heart is just broken for her :sad:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
30,466 Posts
I can't remember a time in my life where i have cried sooo much!! But despite everything, Martina has inspired me today, as she often does. She had such a devestating loss and was even in tears for a bit, but she put on a brave face. She was so gracious, complimenting and congradulating Jennifer, and even made a joke, which almost made me laugh except for the fact i was balling my eyes out!! Despite the loss, Martina has proven to me once again why i love and support her so much, no matter how emotional she can make me at times!!

Another thing Martina has taught me is that life goes on even after things like this, and that there is more to life than matches and tournaments.

Thank you so much Martina for everything that u have given me these last couple of years. Love u lots Marti, alwayz and forever!! :) See, i'm trying to smile, even though i really feel like :sad:

·
Team WTAworld, The Martian Llama
20,264 Posts
Martinafan, just a fantastic post. I couldn't put into words better than what you just said, I agree with every single word you say. It's a really tough time for all of us after something like this, and we've had to go through it enough over the past few years, but things like Martina in tears for a little bit and coming back to do that speech, is a classic example of why she is so special, out of the other top player Jennifer, the Williams all these ones, they wouldn't be like that and that's why Martina can touch our heart like she does.
I feel really sad about it all, but I also feel really proud of her and you just wish that you could have gone up to her after the match and given her a hug or something, because she looked completely heart broken :sad:
Martina will be back though, and as sad as we feel just now, we will all be back to support her in all tourneys, and hopefully one of these times too, she'll get that bit of luck she deserves, and we can see her with a Grand Slam trophy above her head again. :)

·
Banned
462 Posts
ppoor Martina is all I have to say.....
I'm drinking for all of us, I have a huge bottel of Jager and I"ve alreayd done about 9 shots.. to many more and I'm out.
How much of a heartbreak can a match be? I hoped and prayed and it done no good. What does god have against Martina Hingis? This is sad so sad...... I think I"ll cry now. I think Marti was crying in the last 2 games...... She still has more fight than anyone!!

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
*Martina_Fan*: i like what you wrote about what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger...i was thinking exactly the same thing a while ago...

<center><B>and if at first you don't succeed - dust yourself off and try again - you can dust if off and try again!!!

don't be too disappointed Martina...

<center><font size=4> WE STILL LOVE YOU!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I'm still a proud Martian!!!!!:angel: :bounce: :kiss:

KC....I'll whip your ass.:eek:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
" :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

The worst I've ever felt after a match and seeing Martina in tears after the match, made it all the more difficult to take :sad:
My heart is just broken for her :sad: "

"I can't remember a time in my life where i have cried sooo much!! But despite everything, Martina has inspired me today, as she often does. She had such a devestating loss and was even in tears for a bit, but she put on a brave face. She was so gracious, complimenting and congradulating Jennifer, and even made a joke, which almost made me laugh except for the fact i was balling my eyes out!! Despite the loss, Martina has proven to me once again why i love and support her so much, no matter how emotional she can make me at times!!"

"but things like Martina in tears for a little bit and coming back to do that speech, is a classic example of why she is so special, out of the other top player Jennifer, the Williams all these ones, they wouldn't be like that and that's why Martina can touch our heart like she does.
I feel really sad about it all, but I also feel really proud of her and you just wish that you could have gone up to her after the match and given her a hug or something, because she looked completely heart broken :sad:
Martina will be back though, and as sad as we feel just now, we will all be back to support her in all tourneys, and hopefully one of these times too, she'll get that bit of luck she deserves, and we can see her with a Grand Slam trophy above her head again."

"it's times like these that Marti's fans must stick by her and support her"
These quotes from Martina and Martina_fan sum up my thoughts and feeling exactly. Down to every single word and sad face. Plus a couple more: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Although I feel a lot like KC, and I don't feel like anything is right in the world. Even though my brain is telling me the exact opposite.

I AM proud of Martina, and I know she'll be back, but I'm still devastated.

But I know that I'll be back watching tennis, whenever I get the chance to see Martina.

(but I doubt we'll get coverage to the little tournies. Only slams)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
1,123 Posts
:sad:
it's even hard for me to turn on the TV or read a newspaper or do everything else that i usually do everyday.
it even took me awhile to visit this board. but now, i realized that reading all your sentiments helps me recover from this depression and prevents me from seeing a psychiatrist.

ok, maybe i'm exaggerating. but really, i feel like i'm losing my mind.. :eek:

G

·
Just bought meself six cans of lager to add to the three bottles and two other cans I have in the house, plus a 200ml bottle of vodka, and plenty of Red Bull to mix it with. That should numb the pain.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts