Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and i mean WAYYYYY too much, i went in to check my position and found some extra zeros - it's obviously a glitch and for the last few hours i've been talking to Legal Boi and everyone else i know to see if there was some way i could transfer this money to an offshore account without ending up in jail - general consensus was that there was no way i would get away with it because as soon as i started transfering it, even if i did it in *small* amounts of say $200,000 at a time, that would be enough to flag a supervisor - there's no point in trying to transfer it to my main Ameritrade account coz they'll just give it back to etrade. We thought about using the account balance and making a series of complicated trades on stocks and shit but again, there's no point, etrade will soon realize that something is not right, and worse, say i was to purchase a millions worth of say biotech stock, and the price was to move against me, i'd be liable for the loss on that trade even thou i purchased it with 'stolen' money so to speak - and herein lies the problem, although i did nothing illegal or otherwise to 'aquire' this money, i know full well it's not mine and the moment i knowingly try to transfer it or use it, in addition to theft, i'd be charged with illegal wire transfers, fraud, breaking security laws, blah - anyways, we've looked at all the angles and there is no way i'm gonna get away with it, i might get away with a hundred grand or 2, but that would mean having to go on the run like a criminal and it just aint worth it - anyways, i've e-mailed etrade and informed them of the situation *sigh*

- Car Key Boi :sad:

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
2 bad Car Key Boi. Hey if you are nice they might give you like a $1000 reward for being nice. But they will probably just speak to you like shit, and make you feel like its your fault.

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
they might give you like a $1000 reward for being nice
And I might get elected President ;)

Bummer. But at least Legal Boi kept you from doing anything that would get you tossed in the pokey.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
griffin said:
And I might get elected President ;)

Bummer. But at least Legal Boi kept you from doing anything that would get you tossed in the pokey.
well, i already knew the legal implications before i spoke to Legal Boi - i called him and the others to pool their ideas and no matter what we came up with, there was no way i could transfer such a large sum - don't get me wrong, if it was possible, i would have done it - we're talking a LOT of money griff - i'll do a screenshot of my account page and i'll upload it to carkeyboi.com

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

i swear to god, this is no troll and i haven't Photoshop'd that screenshot with the exception of blacking out my account details

i can't work or think straight, i'm gonna go to the bar and drink myself into oblivion...

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
I cant see the photo...

Anyways why dont you just invest it in property or vechiles, say you where going to buy a Ferrari anyway! Then sell it

Actually ignore me.

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
I think for $49 million I would have tried a scheme and gone on the run. You can stay on the run for a long time with $49 million.

But all is not lost, you should sue them, claiming that for a few minutes at least, you thought you were filthy rich, and now that you realized it was a mistake, your life is ruined and you cannot work or function or anything, and ask for a bunch of damages. You might get a nuisance settlement in the mid-5 figures at least. I would try it!

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
Car Key Boi said:
i would have done it - we're talking a LOT of money griff
I know - and I believed you! :cool:

Sorry you couldn't find a way to make it work.

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
Car Key Boi said:

i swear to god, this is no troll and i haven't Photoshop'd that screenshot with the exception of blacking out my account details

i can't work or think straight, i'm gonna go to the bar and drink myself into oblivion...

dayum Key Boi- i was ready to dump my dude and come running to you :hearts: :D hey, sure you don't want to make a run for it to some lil unknown Island :wavey:

seriously, i hope you have gotten over it, hope there was a Hot chick at the bar to help you get over it.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
bajangurl said:
dayum Key Boi- i was ready to dump my dude and come running to you :hearts: :D hey, sure you don't want to make a run for it to some lil unknown Island :wavey:

seriously, i hope you have gotten over it, hope there was a Hot chick at the bar to help you get over it.
can i come too? ;)

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
decemberlove said:
can i come too? ;)

ooh, me, you and Key Boi on a deserted Island with $49 mil, sounds yummy :D :wavey: Can we invite DD & GBFH :hearts:

Bri- know any deserted Islands off the Big Island ;)

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Can I lodge in the beach house.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts