Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, let me say that I AM NOT biased in any way because I am Canadian. Let me also say that the Russian pair (sorry can't spell their names) is a great team and absolute world-class skaters. However, I will never be able to understand WHY Sale & Pelletier were awarded the silver medal and not the gold.
The Russians put up a good skate, but far from flawless. A mistake on one jump. On both throws, she wobbled and fought to stay up. Overall it was a good skate but not their best. You could see on his face, that he knew it wasnt' their best and they knew the door was open for the Canadians.
The Canadians came out, and were absolutely perfect. Not a mistake or anything even close to a mistake anywhere throughout their entire performance. It was a program that hadn't been beat before, and they skated it better than they ever had. The crowd was on their feet at the end and Jamie and David were elated with their performance.
So why...did a performance with a big flaw and a couple of small ones beat out a flawless one? I don't understand. I dont want to take anything away from the Russians, but they didn't deserve this one. The commentators said there 'was a buzz about the Russian team on the panel before the beginning of the skate' I thought there was only a problem with the judges in ice dancing, but it seems like they were not fair at all here in the pairs competition at all, and that is complete bullshit.
I, like the thousands of fans at the ice rink who booed the results, like the commentators who were shocked and angered but the results, like the millions upon millions of people across my nation who were watching on TV, and the even more millions across the world, am outraged.

On the other hand, congrats Jamie and David for your silver medal, and your incredible skate. You've made us all proud.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And, i am sorry for posting yet another thread on this topic, but I just had to vent. I guess i could have done it in one of the other topics! :cool:

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,480 Posts
I know how you feel Mitch, it's saddening because the Canadians really were flawless and deserved the gold. The Russians made far too many mistakes and shaky pieces of their performance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts