Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is obvious a healthy Serena would never lose four times in a row. I think this rule of the WTA is total crap. Serena is injured and she obviously did not want to play Marbella, Rome, or Madrid but this roadmap rule is pure garbage. I think Serena should just not play until she is healthy and screw the fines she is a multi millionaire anyway. She needs to think about her health she should not play until she is healthy.

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts
It is obvious a healthy Serena would never lose four times in a row. I think this rule of the WTA is total crap. Serena is injured and she obviously did not want to play Marbella, Rome, or Madrid but this roadmap rule is pure garbage. I think Serena should just not play until she is healthy and screw the fines she is a multi millionaire anyway. She needs to think about her health she should not play until she is healthy.
You know you need help, right?

·
Registered
519 Posts
All I know is the only reason Serena has been playing this much is because of the penalties that she'll get if she missed these events. The point of the roadmap was to have all the top players play a less demanding schedule and keep them heathly. But this plan isn't working because the WTA insist the players play even when injured. It's not right.

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts
All I know is the only reason Serena has been playing this much is because of the penalties that she'll get if she missed these events. The point of the roadmap was to have all the top players play a less demanding schedule and keep them heathly. But this plan isn't working because the WTA insist the players play even when injured. It's not right.
The players are independent contractors. They are free to play, or not play, as they wish.

Reactions: Paneru

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
its funny how every other player can manage to deal with the roadmap even venus. serena and her fans are making excuses, if shes not fit or injured then she shouldn't step foot on a tennis court, ivanovic pulled out injured, serenas only making a rod for her own back

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Venus isn't injured Sammyo1 Serena is. Serena has an injury that is not healed and why are you comparing Venus to Serena anyway they are two different people! Serena has a leg injury and obviously this has affected her movement she has spoken out against the WTA roadmap rules. I think these rules are unfair if a player is injured she should not play an event. Ivanovic is a lightweight she isn't a superstar like Serena Williams. Everything Serena does she is criticized for it isn't right or fair. The world media does not care about Ana Ivanovic she is not a great champion like Serena Williams.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
its funny how every other player can manage to deal with the roadmap even venus. serena and her fans are making excuses, if shes not fit or injured then she shouldn't step foot on a tennis court, ivanovic pulled out injured, serenas only making a rod for her own back
Considering how many Serena threads you find yourself in, you would think you'd be wise enough to read all the posts by Serena fans that go to both sides of the argument. There are in fact Serena fans stating that she should have just taken the penalty and dealt with her injuries and others who are siding with the faulty roadmap as they see it. We'll see exactly where Serena is in two weeks, one way or another.

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
Venus isn't injured Sammyo1 Serena is. Serena has an injury that is not healed and why are you comparing Venus to Serena anyway they are two different people! Serena has a leg injury and obviously this has affected her movement she has spoken out against the WTA roadmap rules. I think these rules are unfair if a player is injured she should not play an event. Ivanovic is a lightweight she isn't a superstar like Serena Williams. Everything Serena does she is criticized for it isn't right or fair. The world media does not care about Ana Ivanovic she is not a great champion like Serena Williams.
because if she actualy is injured then she shouldn't fucking play, end of story. the wta can do nothing bar give her a 0 pointer if she pulls out for an actual injury.

venus is injury prone to but is managing her schedule to fit her, serena isn't hence the comparisson.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Venus doesn't complain in anything usually, so why mention her? And evidently their not free contractors if their fined for pulling out of an event. IDC what the rules and te sponsor of that event wants, if someone is injured they shouldn't have to play.

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
Considering how many Serena threads you find yourself in, you would think you'd be wise enough to read all the posts by Serena fans that go to both sides of the argument. There are in fact Serena fans stating that she should have just taken the penalty and dealt with her injuries and others who are siding with the faulty roadmap as they see it. We'll see exactly where Serena is in two weeks, one way or another.
ooppss

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
im responding to this thread and the thread starter. if serena fans dont want posters commenting on serena don't open threads about her in GM, go discuss it in her forum. oh wait that would be logical.

go bad rep someone else, cus thats all you do and you don't even have an opinion to boot when doing them.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree if Serena is injured she should not play and that should be the end of the story. Serena is saying on her website that the WTA doesn't even care if top players are injured all they care about is making money. I think Serena should of just not played Rome or Madrid pay the fines because she can afford it and not play until she is healed. But maybe the WTA would try to suspend her or something? I mean these WTA roadmap rules are a joke. Other top players have also complained about the roadmap rules saying the rules are unfair as well. I believe Jankovic and Radawanska also said they don't agree with the rules too.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
im responding to this thread and the thread starter. if serena fans dont want posters commenting on serena don't open threads about her in GM, go discuss it in her forum. oh wait that would be logical.
I'm responding to you and your one sided slant. You clearly want to see this situation and anything Serena/Serena fan related in a certain way. Even when respond to a thread starter you make him/her stand for multiple people. Illogical but that's fine. I'll respond to you in accordingly. I didn't realize that you had such a low thresh hold of self-restraint that anytime you saw Serena in headlights, you were drawn to her flame like a moth. That's also fine. I'm a fan and I know how interesting and full of awesome goodness Serena is. You seem to get that as well. Cool.

go bad rep someone else, cus thats all you do and you don't even have an opinion to boot when doing them.
The system said I couldn't bad rep you yet so I have to wait another go-round.

·
Registered
519 Posts

There's a difference between having something constructive and logical to say versues coming in a thread just to add nothing to the converstation but being negative and thinking your opinion is fact.

·
Registered
519 Posts

There's a difference between having something constructive and logical to say versues coming in a thread just to add nothing to the converstation but being negative and thinking your opinion is fact.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Actually before these losses, Serena was cheerleading for the Roadmap and its limits on the tour's burden. Serena at the press conference regarding the Roadmap:
Well, I think the Roadmap is working out. It is such a big change for the Tour because we’ve had so many tournaments for so long. Now we have some more tournaments that are going to be bigger and really going to promote women’s tennis.​
Now the players have to support those tournaments. So, the Roadmap actually works out perfect for me, because I don’t have to compete with players playing 32 tournaments a year. It’s more logical.”​
As mentioned by other posters, she is an independent contractor and thus is free to decide which is more important: a fat bank book or a healthy body.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Why did she not appoint a wta doctor before Marbella, Rome and Madrid ??? She's not afraid of the fines, she's a millionaire. I can't believe she's being self-destructive. This whole Serena thing is very strange and hard to comprehend

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
because if she actualy is injured then she shouldn't fucking play, end of story. the wta can do nothing bar give her a 0 pointer if she pulls out for an actual injury.

venus is injury prone to but is managing her schedule to fit her, serena isn't hence the comparisson.
So you're telling me that these last 4 matches, Serena has been 100% fit? There's something going on, whether its just a niggle which isn't massive enough for the WTA to let her retire without a fine but is stopping her from performing her best.. I dunno, but something weird is going on. I mean I agree that if she is injured she shouldn't play, but she knows that and has done this all her life so it just seems a bit weird that all of a sudden shes played 4 matches in a row while injured and is complaining about not being able to withdraw and rest up.... Dont you think?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Actually before these losses, Serena was cheerleading for the Roadmap and its limits on the tour's burden. Serena at the press conference regarding the Roadmap:
Well, I think the Roadmap is working out. It is such a big change for the Tour because we’ve had so many tournaments for so long. Now we have some more tournaments that are going to be bigger and really going to promote women’s tennis.​
Now the players have to support those tournaments. So, the Roadmap actually works out perfect for me, because I don’t have to compete with players playing 32 tournaments a year. It’s more logical.”​
As mentioned by other posters, she is an independent contractor and thus is free to decide which is more important: a fat bank book or a healthy body.
This is before she found out the WTA wasn't goiong to approve her injury claims :lol:

1 - 20 of 111 Posts