Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALL I ASK FOR THE MEDIA IS TO STOP TALKING ABOUT thE cOmE BACK STORY....AHHHHHHH siCK OF THat!!! SHE IS A Top playER now aND TOP PLAYERS SHOUlD WIN GS.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I know what you mean but they can say she came back in the match but I wish they would stop with the Cinderella story already.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I totally agree.

She's done well and all.

But what, she's coming back from a comeback?

(ooh, PS, don't take this as a bitter post cos she beat Martina. Thats not the way its meant at all)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
lol... 5 years down the road Jennifer is still coming back... :eek: :angel:

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
I hate those words too!:( I always feel that the media sometimes actually rebukes Jenn sarcastically by mentionally those comebacks and setbacks.:(

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
The media have no other way to relate to Jennifer. They could choose to rag on her about her past misdemeanours but the media have always been accused of being too negative, so Jen's "fairytale comeback" story sounds a lot nicer. That's why I assume they continue to harp on the "comeback." But I agree, they should be able to think of another line to use rather than the same old-same old.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
all the talk abt and glamourise is her 'comeback' ... why doesn't the media talk about her unsportsmanlike behaviour... shouting verbal abuse at the linesman in the final today... getting so worked up and literally yelling at the umpire...

even the considerably mild and impartial commentators for the channel i watched were shocked by her behaviour... and they questioned why she wasn't given a warning... whereas Martina was warned for thumping her racket.. which doesn't even affect anybody:confused:

a true champion shld be more sportsmanlike and refined in behaviour...

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
Grice - God!! Can you stop picking?! Her verbal abuse was not punished neither was martina breaking her racket. Everyone has done this to death.... Shhh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts