Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey... i'm seriously confused now.... it's a long story but it should be worth reading it!

well here it is:

a friend of mine, claire invited me over for a dinner at a restaurant like about two days ago coz she's leaving for aussie again on sunday.... so basically she just came here to visit us and her parents... there were about 15 people at the dinner and we were just talking and gossiping about..... i came over for the dinner because i knew that claire's bro, bernard, was going to come over for the dinner but to my surprise he wasn't there at the dinner.. (bernard is gay :)) then i asked claire why her bro didn't come and she said that he was having dinner with the family and some representatives of the aussie embassy... she told me that we could visit him and say hi to them for a while coz the restaurant they were in was just down a short distance from the one we were at... so eventually we went and my heart was beating when we arrived at their restaurant... then i saw bernard for the first time in my life and oh my god he's so hot... lol well i've been actually talking to him on msn but it was basically only short conversations coz he always didn't stay for long on msn.... and we were at their table i said hi to claire's mum and dad and also their other friends who were the reps from the aussi embassy.... the weird thing is that i didn't immediately introduce myself to bernard or vice-versa when claire and i went over to them..... it was only after a while that bernard reached out his hand to me and said hi... at the point i was just kind of 'stunned' and glad that we at least got to talk lol... omg... and then i kind of asked like what time he would be over to see us or go clubbing..... and he was like yeah i'll be over to u guys in about an one or two.... so after that i, together with claire, left and headed back to our restaurant... when we left i didn't really say bye to bernard because it was just weird... i seriously don't know what was going on...... i mean.... maybe because his family and other people were there.... whatever the reason is i was just a little confused...

so when we reached our restaurant... my friends were asking like how the whole thing went.. lol... and i'm just like yeah it went all right, not too bad ;) well it actually went okay.. maybe it was the first time that i knew a gay guy like face-to-face... so i was kind of nervous and being quiet you know.... so when we were done with our dinner... some of my friends left for other places but claire, me and two other friends went clubbing just down the road... (the restaurants, bars and clubs they're all in one area so it was really convenient) at first we went to this club called badonchis.. well uhm it was, honestly, my first time clubbing so i was like kind of you know a bit 'scared' and maybe it first came as a shock to me.... when we went in i saw some of my school friends there and said hi and talked to them for a bit... but for the rest of the time i was just sitting on the table together with claire etc. doing nothing!

lol.... well claire got really bored so she wanted to head over to another club called fez lounge just accross the street.. we only stayed in badonchis for about 15 mins btw..... so claire me and the same people, we just went over and got into fez lounge... and to my surprise!!! :eek: bernard was there with his sister, catherine (claire's sister too) so i was like omg... it's bernard :D but when he saw us... he didn't really look at me and instead he just talked to his sisters.... well maybe coz they're siblings and therefore they're close... then after that we went over to the bar to get some drinks.... i didn't drink seriously!! well so then i kind of talked to bernard and i started off by asking him like why his bf wasn't here... and then he said that rob, his bf, had to work so he wasn't able to come.. then he went on saying that he wished he was here.... and i'm like aww... then i think i remembered him asking me why i was allowed to go out... as in go clubbing.. then i just replied by saying that my parents didn't know i was going clubbin coz i told her i went for dinner...(well i did go for that dinner but we went clubbin later on)... after that i asked him when he's going to bali... and he said that ohhh i'm still not sure if i'm going but if i am, i'll go this sunday and be back on wednesday next week.... and i'm like okay cool ;) the loud music and the spotlights... i think they were kind of distracting to our conversation.... so after that it was kind of all quiet but bernard talked to his sis catherine.. it was time for me to leave anyway coz my mum didn't want me to come home late... well i hugged everyone goodbye (all the girls) and i told bernard i had to go.... bernard told me that we could talk again next week on wednesday.. and i'm like "so do u want me to call you?" and he's like "yeah sure !"... when i was about to leave, he tapped me on the shoulder and then i left... but it didn't seem like he was really up for me... as in like it didn't seem he was really talking to me... again, i only spent about 15 mins at fez lounge as i had to hurry back home...

well when i got back home it was around 11ish and my mum was fast asleep... actually i could've stayed longer at the clubs but i don't know.... i just was kind of confused what would happen if i stayed longer.. like would we strike up a real conversation or will it be just us being quiet all time, talking only when we had something to talk about... on the other hand he's 22 yrs old and i'm 16... but i didn't think that the difference in our age was a factor you know in getting to know each other or talk... i wasn't going to hit on him anyway coz he has a bf already.... but he's a rather cool and funny guy, smiles a lot :) and he's hot too ;) apparently he's a model for a gay magazine in aussie....

anyways... after i took my shower it was around 12 and i went online... about an hour later, bernard went online!! and we kind of talked but the whole conversation didn't really flow.. i mean we were talking about very general stuff like "what time did u get home" etc... but later i asked him if we wanted to go out to the mall or something on next saturday and he's like ohh yeah that sounds great... then i'm like so when do i call you to confirm? and he's like "wednesday?" and i'm like "okay cool"... the whole convo didn't last long... he was tired anyways..... we talked previously for a number of times on msn, before i met him and basically, the conversations were short and general, like this one...

oh well that's my story guys!!! the first time meeting a gay guy in my entire life... face to face! it was pretty awkward coz i didn't really know what to react and say... so it all turned out to be like us being quiet and etc... didn't really talk you know....

well the real question is.... i am really confused as to what he thinks about me.... and what should i say or react to him when i meet him next saturday(if that's gonna happen)..... honestly i don't even know what to say to him on the phone when we talk again on wednesday.... it's pretty confusing and yesterday i was thinking about this whole thing and i was totally confused and somehow, i was down.... like i felt i wasn't good enough for him? i don't know.... at this stage i'm totally confused and really sad and down as to what he thinks of me.... and what should i do the next time i contact or see him?? help me out here please i need real advice :sad:

you can pm me if you want...

thanks
joe

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
OMG, IF HES SO HOT THEN WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR...DROP TO YOUR KNEES!!!!!

Seriously, you should just hang out with him more and then it wont be so awkward and you can find out how he feels about you. Dont be upset if he only thinks of you as a friend, seeing as though he does have a BF and he is a little bit older.

Maybe he can hook you up with some younger model friends!!!

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nooo it's not that!!! i have no intention of wanting to hit on him..... he's 6 yrs older than i am! i think being friends with him is pretty fine..... but i don't know if i'm good enough for him or not :confused:

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Well first of all, you are definitely good enough to be his friend!!

Secondly, why dont you have intentions of hitting on him? He sounds so hot and sophisticated, atleast thats the idea of him I got!

If he doesn't want to be your friend, its not because you aren't good enough for him but because he isnt good enough for you. Remember that.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Oh, and does your friend know you are gay or is it still a secret? If not, she will probably know soon because her brother is definitely going to figure you out.

·
63,540 Posts
You met first time with a gay guy in your whole life? Wow, I met many gay people and I know some of them that well. Yes, I know many gay people lives in Sydney :eek: I'm 18 right now and I'm not looking for date anyone :p

If you want to getting him know then, why not? Go ahead ;)

·
63,540 Posts
I mean, I can date anyone but not now :eek: Hehe

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes... they all know i am gay... i'm open about my sexuality... my friends in school know that i'm gay...

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the question does not lie with whether i should hit on him or not?!? it's just that i'm confused as to what he thinks about me... and i'm seriously confused how things will go u know?

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,292 Posts
Lol, seriously, I think if you think that he's okay and you like him, why not? No harm trying that ;)

BTW, u are indonesian right ;)

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i'm not.... i'm brit and i live in indonesia for now coz of my dad's job

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
186,797 Posts
Well, it was awkward, but tahn, the first meetings usually are.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Its hard to know what he thinks of you. Some guys are actually interested in being friends (hard to believe in this gay world). Maybe he wants to be there to support you. Seeing you dont know any gay guys maybe he wants to be a friend you can talk to about any problems. If he hits on you then up to you what you do. Just chill and be friends dude thats all you can do and see what develops. You got plenty of time just dont get into the trap of being infactuated by one guy that is going to break your heart. And hey did you say he coming to Australia? you can always send him my way ;)

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
u all seem to have the perspection that i should hit on him etc etc.... but it's a matter of getting along with him i think :confused:

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
Ok, here are my thoughts. I will try to make them as accurate and impartial advice as I possible since I think that is what you want.

First, you said you don’t want to hit on him. I think that is a good thing. He has a boyfriend and he didn’t give any sings he wanted to break up of something, so starting a relationship by trying to get into is couple would be a bad idea.

Second, the age difference. You seem to know that this can be an issue. It could be or not. Depends on you and him. If it doesn’t bother you to hang out with an older friend it could be the same for him (with a younger one). Right now, he seems to be nice with you and he has accepted your invitation (going to the mall and talking on the phone). He could have easily avoided that if he wanted too. Anyway, the only way to see if you are going to get along well is to try it. If you are both interested in knowing people and meeting new friends, go ahead.

Third, why not being honest to him? It’s not like you are going to confess you are in love like crazy with him. You could tell him you don’t have any “real” gay friend right now and that you’d like to count him as one. So, things would be clear. Plus, since he’s older, he could be resourceful to you in term of advice and stuff.

I hope this helps a bit. Feel free to ask if you have anything else ;)

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks Kanji :kiss:..... anyone else :p..... i have to like call bernard tonight!!! omg.... like soon... i don't know what to say to him other than asking what time we're going out to the mall on saturday...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
i second what kanji says...all good advice! Don't worry about not 'being good' enough to be his friends...that's nonsense! Friendships aren't like jobs, you don't have to go through an application/screening process, lol!

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
maximus82 said:
i second what kanji says...all good advice! Don't worry about not 'being good' enough to be his friends...that's nonsense! Friendships aren't like jobs, you don't have to go through an application/screening process, lol!
Absolutely, I forgot about that... There is no good or not good enough friends. There are friends and others. You don't have to get along well with everyone and its impossible anyway ;) Remember, in friendship and love relationship, you have to be yourself more thant everywhere else...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts