Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LIna Krasnoroutskaya

I saw her during the weekend practicing with Elena Dementieva, I asked her if I could take a photo (see attachment), she agreed.

she is not only one of the prettiest girls in the tour (IMO the prettiest Russian, for some reason underrated :confused: ) she is also very sweet and I think very shy. She looked like pleased that somebody wanted to take a picture of her, I don't think she realizes how good she looks. Believe, the photos (including this one) and the TV don't make her justice, she looks a lot better in person. She doesn't have a long blonde hair like some of the others, but if you look at her close up you will be stunned.

I also saw her match against Eleni Daniilidou, Lina really has talent, very clean groundstrokes off both sides. In the first set, she was playing really well, painting the lines with a lot of pace.

She isn't as fast as Elena, but she has a great control of her groundstrokes, she has to work out certain things, her footwork needs improvements, especially moving forward, and she doesn't feel comfortable at the net. She has a nice touch when she finally gets there but she doesn't like it.

Her main problem of course is that she chokes, big time, she did that in the second set and part of the third. She just wasn't the same player, her groundstrokes lost a lot of power and she wasn't hitting so close to the lines, letting Daniilidou come back into the match.

At the end, she won because Daniilidou also choked, I am glad she did, she is young and had and awful injury but hopefully, she will work in those few aspects of her game and on the mental side.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,716 Posts
is she even more pretty than Anna, Fingon :confused:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Yep yep! Lina has been one I've been watching and expecting bigger things from for about a year now - Good to see that she's fulfilling at least some of her potential!

But also yes, she still needs a fair bit of work especially re: mental strength :)

Thanks for sharing the photo - She does look very striking in that pic :)

·
Banned
27,238 Posts
i first saw her on a "girls on tour" program a few years back...she was about 17, and had promising things destined for her

theoretically....she was meant to lead the new wave of Russian sensations. but theyve caught up with and have maybe even overtaken her.

shes really pretty...but IMO Anna is prettier :)

·
Banned
822 Posts
Her looks may of been underrated but the starter of the thread is definitely overrating her looks.
That said, she's got quite amicable looks imo.

·
Registered
24,716 Posts
thanks Fingon :)

I saw Dementieva in HK, she is also very pretty, if she could fix her teeth a bit, she is excellent :hearts:

umm, then its may be the long blonde hairs that make Anna so popular, you know men usually like long blonde hairs babies ;)

Reactions: the cat and AKTW

·
Premium Member
172,290 Posts
thanx Fingon :) for the details of her match

Nerves are still a big problem for her
she's shy to people she doesn't know well, but she's really great to get on with.

Lina's natural hair is blonde but she's been using dye quite a bit since 2000. Hope she grows out of that stage and goes back to her normal hair color.

·
Premium Member
172,290 Posts
Fingon...... that T-shirt she's got on
did you give her that to wear ???

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Anna is aiight quite cute, but definetly not model material. She's got a bit of a puffy face.

·
Registered
122,492 Posts
It's true that Lina is very pretty and is a very good player.
I don't understand how the hype machine works. But I think unless you make the fortune that Anna makes, you're better off not getting any hype.
Lina needs to stay healthy. She doesn't need a photo with a back-up quarterback.

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
Is that dig at Maria Sharapova necessary, GL? I thought those photos of Maria throwing a football were terrific! :D I quite enjoyed that.

Nice thread, Fingon. I enjoyed reading about Lina. :) And it's about time she once again started fulfilling her potential.

·
Premium Member
172,290 Posts
starr said:
I agree that Lina is prettier in person than she is in that photo. She has a very cute figure too.

TBE, I thought Lina's hair was light brown. It was when she won the USO as a junior.
This is Lina before she went dye crazy ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.