Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am very excited. even though this is not the first time i have been it will be the first time without parents with me in paris. i am going with my girlfriend and my cousin from switzerland, so i am sure that we will have one hell of a time and get up to plenty of mischeif. is anyone else going? i will be in paris for the whole two weeks, but i will only go on the days were there are matches i want to watch, because i am very lucky that my dad is a big figure at HSBC who are one of the major sponsors of the tournament so i get these great seats for centre court for every day of the tournament!!! i probably will be guilty the days i don't go because i'll know those seats will be empty, although someone will probably sneak into them knowing the french. i have to head down to london from cambridge, which is not far, to catch my plain from heathrow in about 3 hours and i have not even finished packing! i don't want to take too much but i know if i take cold weather clothing it will be hot and if i don't it will be cold, so i am just going to risk it and buy stuff if i need to. my girlfriend has like four bags because she thinks that everyone is going to be dressed like a model, very scary and annoying because inevitably i will have to carry all of them except her handbag! thank god the aussie dollar has risen like 20% since i have been here so my savings pool has been boosted signifcantly and i can actually have a life!

;) :) :)

i better finish packing :)

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
I'm jealous as hell!! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

·
Banned
1,830 Posts
Have fun ! and yes cheer for Monica when she is'n't playing any of ya faves ;)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
have fun.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
have fun! Hope you find time to post some reports!!

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Hey switz,

I will also go to Roland Garros! I will arrive wednesday evening and stay til sunday eveing of the first week. I'd wish i could stay longer.

So, if you are not going at those days, you could give me your ticket for the center court ( ;) :p :cool: ) cause i don't have tickets yet, will probably buy them on the black market :eek:

;) ;)

Have fun!!!! :wavey:

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Diya said:
Have fun ! and yes cheer for Monica when she is'n't playing any of ya faves ;)
certainly will. i really like monica and even when she is playing against my favourites i would not be happy to see her lose. i have so much respect for her, she is great player with a wonderful attitude for someone who has suffered so much adversity. i don't think she is in patty, chanda, babsi or myriam's part of the draw anyway so it wouldn't matter. to be honest i would be happier to see her win than any of my favourites.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
Have a great time Switz :)

If Patty loses, please wait until you get outside the stadium before you explode ;)

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jcstar said:
Hey switz,

I will also go to Roland Garros! I will arrive wednesday evening and stay til sunday eveing of the first week. I'd wish i could stay longer.

So, if you are not going at those days, you could give me your ticket for the center court ( ;) :p :cool: ) cause i don't have tickets yet, will probably buy them on the black market :eek:

;) ;)

Have fun!!!! :wavey:

well i won't know when i am going until i see the schedule for each day so i could not give them to you in advance. the other thing is that because they are in a box i really can't give them away because they actually assigned to me through my dad's company, so i can't give them to random people. sorry.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Flatstat said:
Have a great time Switz :)

If Patty loses, please wait until you get outside the stadium before you explode ;)
i need you there to calm me down ;) it will difficult because she is playing a french girl in R1 and possibly R2 so i will probably be the only one there supporting her.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
I am quite compact and capable of fitting in most suitcases or backpacks :)

Reactions: switz

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
switz said:
well i won't know when i am going until i see the schedule for each day so i could not give them to you in advance. the other thing is that because they are in a box i really can't give them away because they actually assigned to me through my dad's company, so i can't give them to random people. sorry.

of course, i was just kidding, and i'm so jealous ;) ;)
have a great time! :wavey:

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jcstar said:
of course, i was just kidding, and i'm so jealous ;) ;)
have a great time! :wavey:
yeah but you never now i may be able to come up with some ordinary seats or ground passes because i remember the last time i went my dad was able to get some extra tickets for some friends of ours, so you never now.

flatstat - where do you live? maybe i can get the british airways jet to stop over if it is on the way to paris

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
switz said:
yeah but you never now i may be able to come up with some ordinary seats or ground passes because i remember the last time i went my dad was able to get some extra tickets for some friends of ours, so you never now.

flatstat - where do you live? maybe i can get the british airways jet to stop over if it is on the way to paris

It is only a small detour *cough*Australia*cough* ;)

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh didn't realise you were from australia! i am from sydney, but i am in england studying.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts