Tennis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Agree With JM; The Battle For Number One Women's Player Is Between Justine & Serena

JohnMac said this tongiht during the final.

The fact is that they have won two Grand Slams each and Justine has two Tier I titles and Serena has one. The rankings sah that they are number 2 and 3, but sooner or later,they will be battling for the number one spot.

I'll be very surprised if Kim is number one by the Y/E Championships.

· Registered
877 Posts
Justine has a great chance to end the year as #1. Kim has much more points to defend. After that, Serena and Justine can fight for it. It's going to be exciting, but Justine is improved very much and has a lot of confidence. It will be though for Serena.

· Registered
15,727 Posts
i dont see the battle
justine's clearly ahead

· Registered
2,268 Posts
Malin said:
maybe it would be between Serena and Justine if every event is clay, but they're not. Justine has yet to ever beat Serena on any other surface. Serena has whipped her flat ass many times.
Many were sayin the same thing for Clijsters who was leading 6-0 on hardcourts before this season

· Registered
1,301 Posts
You may not like this but indeed Serena is nowhere near in the battle for #1. After all, Justine has now better results at the majors, and is playing the normal amount of events. How could you ever expect Serena to be ranked ahead of Justine?

· Registered
18,697 Posts
great smash said:
You may not like this but indeed Serena is nowhere near in the battle for #1. After all, Justine has now better results at the majors, and is playing the normal amount of events. How could you ever expect Serena to be ranked ahead of Justine?
I can't argue with that.

· R.I.P. Thank you!
25,735 Posts
Henin already leads the points race:

Henin 5609 14 events
Clijsters 5479 16 events

Unless Justine falls flat the points race for #1 is almost over. Henin should end the year as #1.

And unless Serena can come back and win the WTA finals Henin is #1 for the year in any sense of the word.

Next year should be REAL fun:)

· Registered
24,565 Posts
I think Kim will finish #1.

As for who's the best player, that's still Serena.

In Justine's case, I have to see a response to seven straight losses to Venus before I entertain the idea of her as best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.