Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

· Registered
877 Posts
SerenaSlam, why do you keep talking about this and starting topics to make discussions!

I have some remarks:
- Serena is still #1, you don't have to complain
- Kim can become #1, rankings don't lie, the rules are known, you don't become #1 when you're not a GREAT player
- Kim is winning matches consistently, you should have more respect for her
- Other players became already #1 without winning slams during the year before
- Kim is not acting in movies or doing other things, she wants to be a pro-tenniswomen, other players have other things to think about, if these players want to be #1, they should think about one thing: tennis
- Kim reached semis at least in EVERY tournament she played this year, that's amazing!
- Kim already played 2 slam finals, one time, she was two points away from the win
- Kim will surely win a slam, it doesn't matter when
- You 're always talking about QUANTITY. Only 17 tournaments are counted. Kim plays more tournaments, but only 17 are counted. Serena plays 14 tournaments. She can play 3 more tournaments and after that, you can 't say anything about that.
- They don't have to change the rules because Serena wants to play less.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
Filip! said:
SerenaSlam, why do you keep talking about this and starting topics to make discussions!

I have some remarks:
- Serena is still #1, you don't have to complain
- Kim can become #1, rankings don't lie, the rules are known, you don't become #1 when you're not a GREAT player
- Kim is winning matches consistently, you should have more respect for her
- Other players became already #1 without winning slams during the year before
- Kim is not acting in movies or doing other things, she wants to be a pro-tenniswomen, other players have other things to think about, if these players want to be #1, they should think about one thing: tennis
- Kim reached semis at least in EVERY tournament she played this year, that's amazing!
- Kim already played 2 slam finals, one time, she was two points away from the win
- Kim will surely win a slam, it doesn't matter when
- You 're always talking about QUANTITY. Only 17 tournaments are counted. Kim plays more tournaments, but only 17 are counted. Serena plays 14 tournaments. She can play 3 more tournaments and after that, you can 't say anything about that.
- They don't have to change the rules because Serena wants to play less.

Bla bla bla! Serena has also reached the semi´s at all her events this year AND has bigger titles than Kim. No one is saying that Kim doesn´t deserve the no.1 ranking: she played and earned her points. It´s only saying that she would be the first no.1 who has NEVER won a GS. Not just in the calendar year, NEVER!

· Registered
877 Posts
bandabou said:
Bla bla bla! Serena has also reached the semi´s at all her events this year AND has bigger titles than Kim. No one is saying that Kim doesn´t deserve the no.1 ranking: she played and earned her points. It´s only saying that she would be the first no.1 who has NEVER won a GS. Not just in the calendar year, NEVER!
Blablabla! You are one of the people who hate it to see Kim become #1. Kim played a lot more tournaments than Serena, and she even reached semis in all of them! Bla! Serena has two slams indeed, I don't deny that! Bla! You keep on talking about slams here, slams there, slams everywhere! If Kim would win a slam soon, I'm going to laugh very loudly here!

Rankings don't lie!

· Registered
47,657 Posts
Filip! said:
Blablabla! You are one of the people who hate it to see Kim become #1. Kim played a lot more tournaments than Serena, and she even reached semis in all of them! Bla! Serena has two slams indeed, I don't deny that! Bla! You keep on talking about slams here, slams there, slams everywhere! If Kim would win a slam soon, I'm going to laugh very loudly here!

Rankings don't lie!
Really?! But since she will become no.1 in two weeks time and the Open only starts in 4 weeks, she still became no.1 without a GS!

· Registered
877 Posts
bandabou said:
Really?! But since she will become no.1 in two weeks time and the Open only starts in 4 weeks, she still became no.1 without a GS!
The WTA tour does not only exist about slams! It also has other tournaments in the schedule, you know? And these tournaments are also important, they also count! You understand what I mean?

Venus said at Wimbledon: "Everybody who becomes #1 deserves it". Any comments?

· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,857 Posts
Take a chill pill Boris. Men's tennis is going through an emerging talent phase right now, not a clash of the titans superhero phase. Give it a couple of years and I'm sure we will see some fantastic Grand Slam finals and some future champions being made. Federer, Roddick, Coria, Robredo, Volandri and Nadal will be the next generation of Sampras, Agassi, Becker, Edberg et al, and then you can have your cake and eat it.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
Filip! said:
The WTA tour does not only exist about slams! It also has other tournaments in the schedule, you know? And these tournaments are also important, they also count! You understand what I mean?

Venus said at Wimbledon: "Everybody who becomes #1 deserves it". Any comments?
When did I say she didn´t deserve it?! Kimmie girl is good, real good and very deserving of the no.1 ranking. But who´s the best player?

· Registered
7,880 Posts
bandabou said:
When did I say she didn´t deserve it?! Kimmie girl is good, real good and very deserving of the no.1 ranking. But who´s the best player?
bandabou, I don't understand you....
you're making the same point over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over :eek:

you're making SerenaSlam look like the epitome of variety and creativity right now

· Registered
47,657 Posts
caelestia said:
bandabou, I don't understand you....
you're making the same point over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over :eek:

you're making SerenaSlam look like the epitome of variety and creativity right now
sorry, didn´t mean too.

· Registered
11,079 Posts
Filip! said:
Has Kim a great year or not?
Compared to Serena's year, it sucks. :p

· Banned
27,238 Posts
caelestia said:
actually, the top five consists of Serena, Justine and 3 blank places
with the level of intelligence some players possess, maybe "blank spaces" is very accurate ;)

no seriously,Kim DESERVES her #2 spot, as for #1, im biased but she can have it if she really wants ;)

if the top 5 should be slam winners, then there should be at least 5 slams :tape:

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.