Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Banned
At least Tig won the match :D

Cheats never prosper :cool:

Registered
If the challange system is not enough to make a decision I don't know what they need more. Not professional officials. If I were a top player and it happened to me I would collect my money and leave the tournament asap. It's not first time I see it in Asia. They hire umpires from local clubs ?

Registered
I see no injustice.

Presumably the above videos don鈥檛 show the contentious bounce, which happened Tig鈥檚 end, which Tig reckoned was clearly out?

But Tig was still playing the point. In the replay you see Tig hit the ball at least a further two times. She should have stopped and challenged.

Then the ump thinks Tig is challenging for the out call, on her FH, that hit Wang鈥檚 baseline. Ump clearly states the challenge is for the left baseline. But Tig just walks to her towel at the back of the court.

Real Bounce called it in, and the ump makes the correct decision to replay the point.

Tig needs to keep up with proceedings.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I see no injustice.

Presumably the above videos don鈥檛 show the contentious bounce, which happened Tig鈥檚 end, which Tig reckoned was clearly out?

But Tig was still playing the point. In the replay you see Tig hit the ball at least a further two times. She should have stopped and challenged.

Then the ump thinks Tig is challenging for the out call, on her FH, that hit Wang鈥檚 baseline. Ump clearly states the challenge is for the left baseline. But Tig just walks to her towel at the back of the court.

Real Bounce called it in, and the ump makes the correct decision to replay the point.

Tig needs to keep up with proceedings.
Huh?

Did you read the 2nd tweet?

Linesman called out AFTER Wang hit the ball. Tig challenged, it was IN, but apparently nor the umpire, nor the linesman saw that afterwards, the ball hit by Wang landed TWO metres behind the baseline where Tig was so the umpire (wrongly) decided to replay the point...

Simpler explanation, if there would have been no call at all Wang's ball would have went out so still point for Tig.

Registered
Huh?

Did you read the 2nd tweet?

Linesman called out AFTER Wang hit the ball. Tig challenged, it was IN, but apparently nor the umpire, nor the linesman saw that afterwards, the ball hit by Wang landed TWO metres behind the baseline where Tig was so the umpire (wrongly) decided to replay the point...

Simpler explanation, if there would have been no call at all Wang's ball would have went out so still point for Tig.
Okay. I somehow got the impression the out call was at the same time as Wangs return, but it appears to be after. It wasn't 2 metres, more like 50cm, but it's me that needs to keep up with proceedings. 馃槂

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I don't find it a 'huge officiating incompetency', I've seen this happen so many times. It's not easy for the umpire to judge if the player was hindered by the call or not.
True, the call wasn't even that late at all, difficult to decide for the umpire.
This is not the standard case here, which we see every couple of days.

Read the 2nd tweet and listen to the videos. @Mike_T got it afterwards.

Linesman called out AFTER Wang hit the ball. Tig challenged, it was IN, but apparently nor the umpire, nor the linesman saw that afterwards, the ball hit by Wang landed ONE metre behind the baseline where Tig was so the umpire (wrongly) decided to replay the point...

It's somewhat similar to the following blatant error:

Registered
This happens so often. Instant replay would eliminate this issue. Why on earth the ITF, the WTA, and the ATP have not implemented this at all levels of competition is beyond me.

Registered

Read the 2nd tweet and listen to the videos. @Mike_T got it afterwards.

Linesman called out AFTER Wang hit the ball. Tig challenged, it was IN, but apparently nor the umpire, nor the linesman saw that afterwards, the ball hit by Wang landed ONE metre behind the baseline where Tig was so the umpire (wrongly) decided to replay the point...

It's somewhat similar to the following blatant error:

Yes thank you, we understood perfectly fine. It's not comparable to the Hantuchova incident which was indeed a blatant error.
You sound as condescending as your fellow Halep fan who thinks he invented the wheel with his aggressive margin.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Yes thank you, we understood perfectly fine. It's not comparable to the Hantuchova incident which was indeed a blatant error.
You sound as condescending as your fellow Halep fan who thinks he invented the wheel with his aggressive margin.
1. You in particular didn't understand perfectly fine, at least not in the first place, otherwise you wouldn't have written the following:

.... this happen so many times. ..... judge if the player was hindered by the call or not.

2. No need to insult me and I'm not like that. I agree "huge incompetence" might have been a little exaggerated as an expression for some, but what you said was kinda uncalled for...

Registered
This happens so often. Instant replay would eliminate this issue. Why on earth the ITF, the WTA, and the ATP have not implemented this at all levels of competition is beyond me.
Didn't the ATP Cup had some replay system for such things? Double bounce, foot fault, etc.?

Registered
Good god, Stephanie Myles is fucking insufferable.

Point should've been awarded to Tig, I think that's pretty obvious.

Registered
Didn't the ATP Cup had some replay system for such things? Double bounce, foot fault, etc.?
Yes. It was the only good thing about that redundant event. :D

Art & Futures
She sounds a bit like Sorana during her infamous complaints

Registered
Shouldn't you then give the umpire credit for getting the first part right? The umpire could have said the call wasn't late and it wouldn't have been a blatant error.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts