Tennis Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Svitolina is half the player on fast surfaces, but this is still a terrible loss for her. Can't quite remember the last time she's had a worse loss... Wimbledon 2018 again Tatjana Maria?
Lol wut..terrible loss? Nao bear won wta title like before 4 months ago. Its cute(not as cute as Nao bear though) how some underestimate her,specially on outdoor hard(5 wta finals,2 titles) . as I said,NID outcome.... :)

·
Registered
31,644 Posts
Not sure why people act surprised. Shit tennis is shit tennis, whether you play it a major or a 280. Svitolina has played poorly since she won the YEC two years ago.

Yes as a top 10 player with a great draw you can fluke some results like Slam semis, but that doesn´t mean you played well. Sometimes just means you got lucky.

Without the Gasparyan Wimbledon flop, she likely doesn´t go to the YEC and we talk about a 1500 point-ish swing.

At the end of the day you play great tennis the results will follow.

Svitolina was on a whole different level in 2017/2018, when she "flopped" in the majors, while winning Premier 900s whooping three top ten players in the span of 36 hours and going undefeated at the YEC.

·
Registered
770 Posts
She was in great condition in 2016/2017 then she went on that weird diet/ had personal issues and lost like 10kg mostly from muscles, appearing so thin and thank god she had that resurgence in YEC to rebuild some confidence in 2018. Her game though has stopped developing long time ago. One thing for sure if she never got that mobility back that once won her tournaments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She almost looks, dare I say, “unfit” now. Like she is carrying a few extra kilos.

·
Registered
30,871 Posts
How is Hibino only ranked 84 ? She always seems dangerous.

Terrible for Elaine though !

41 - 47 of 47 Posts