Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hibino (world No.84) is too good. her backhand in this match is unreal, amazing!

She's close to end a match like 6-4, 6-0 but choke happen.

Svitolina: After 4-4 in 1st set,She has so many chance to lead 5-4 but she can't convert it, then lose 7 games in a rows. very sad

·
Registered
113,018 Posts
I dont know what is going on with Svitolina in 2020. She ended 2019 one match from 2 YEC titles in a row

·
Registered
52,298 Posts
WTA has to end that nonsense forcing top players to play MM , or they way the rankings are done . All they (the players) seem to care about is the $$$ they get from events to participate , the 280 points if they win it probably won't count in their ranking anyway so why bother .Results in flops and withdrawals and "not care enough to try my best" every single time ...

congrats to Hibino on taking that chance

·
Registered
15,968 Posts
She's too basic , zero variety, hitting the same ball, no aggression.

·
Registered
30,931 Posts
WTA has to end that nonsense forcing top players to play MM , or they way the rankings are done . All they (the players) seem to care about is the $$$ they get from events to participate , the 280 points if they win it probably won't count in their ranking anyway so why bother .Results in flops and withdrawals and "not care enough to try my best" every single time ...

congrats to Hibino on taking that chance
Svitolina isn't forced to play any MM. She could only play the Slams, the PMs, four P5s and two Premiers.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts

Elina 🤦 I only saw the beginning of the match and she looked like the superior player. Can't believe she collapsed like that :confused:

She's going to drop out of the top 10 if she continues playing like this.

·
Registered
52,298 Posts
Svitolina isn't forced to play any MM. She could only to play the Slams, the PMs, four P5s and two Premiers.
don't players of the top 10 have to play one MM every 6 months? maybe it changed
sorry if I misunderstood the rules

·
Registered
19,460 Posts
Svitolina isn't really improving her game. She may have made 2 slam SFs last season but she hasn't fixed holes in her game nor strengthened it. She will continue to have a few good tournaments but I just don't see her making the next step without a lot of luck, unless she does step up and work on her level and game.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
don't players of the top 10 have to play one MM every 6 months? maybe it changed
sorry if I misunderstood the rules
No, it's max one MM every 6 months, as in they can't play more than two every season so you know, they don't try to vulture them.

It's pretty unfortunate what's happening with Svitolina so far this season, I hope it will pass because the tour needs consistent players that keep their top 10 spot for years and years. Right now for the last 3+ years that's only been Halep, Pliskova and her, and losing her would mean we'd only have two players who've been there since at least 2017.

·
Registered
29,460 Posts
What an awfully uninspired performance that was from Svitolina. Her FH was spraying errors. Hibino played extremely well though, very consistent from both wings, great movement and she simply wanted it more.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
What an awfully uninspired performance that was from Svitolina. Her FH was spraying errors. Hibino played extremely well though, very consistent from both wings, great movement and she simply wanted it more.
Everybody wonder why she entry there... quite ridiculous to give up like that !

the paycheck was not enough big i guess
the professionnal nowadays...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts