1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
84,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,366 Posts
Congrats to Linette, she has put together a very impressive 6 months - 2 titles & 1 final. She has evolved into a solid top 50 player after many years of hovering between 50-150.

Great breakthrough week for Kung - obviously one to watch now and will be interesting to see how she fares over the next few months.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
They did not let Madzia to have her winner speech. They started taking photos and they had forgotten about it ???

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Easy day at the office for Magda and she picks up the Championship Trophy (which she could barely keep aloft because it was so heavy, LoL!). Probably one of the easiest finals she will have.

And they completely forgot about Magda's victory speech. Started inviting all the dignitaries on-stage and then the photo session immediately ensued. :LOL:

Guess, this win will boost Magda's ranking from tomorrow?

·
Retired
5,692 Posts
Magda, well done! :)
I can't believe it's been 10 years already since I started to follow her, from the string of 25k's she won to kick off her career in 2010 to these 2 WTA titles in 6 months!

Today's match started slowly again with Leonie matching Magda's quite average level at first, before Magda finally got the break at 3-2 to never look back. Congrats to Leonie too who had all the reasons to feel exhausted after such a long run until the final.

They did not let Madzia to have her winner speech. They started taking photos and they had forgotten about it ???
This couldn't be true! I really thought this speech would never happen :p But it was too late anyway, most people were already gone...

·
Registered
43,960 Posts
It would not have been right for Magda not to win an Asian MM at some point. She has really improved a lot and holds her ground much better than in the past. Congratulations to a really strong run here! :D

Great week for Kung as well. Hoping that she will continue this way. She is certainly Top 100 material with a sound technique and a good eye for the open court.

·
Registered
989 Posts
magda has had a great last 12 months.
her serving today was top class, kung was given few opportunities. there is no reason why she couldn't crack the top 20 this year, she just seems to have figured out her game.

leonie could well have had a life changing week. gone up from 283 to 155 in the live rankings. she's only 250 points from the top 100.
i must admit i had never heard of her until this week, just shows how tough it is to make it in the tour.
she had a large strapping on her thigh, she deserves a week off.

·
Registered
25,515 Posts
Magda has become a very consistent journeywoman lately. Looks like she'll be a consistent threat for International titles this year. She's almost into slam seed territory.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts