Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

Registered
Kusnetesova, Kenin and Kerber are tough as nails, the ones who I think are more likely to be good at surviving.

Sveta has always struck me as one of those annoying people who would be good at whatever practical activity she tried. I would struggle to hammer a nail in straight so would be pretty useless come the Apocalypse, but I reckon Sveta could knock me up a log cabin in next to no time. And obviously making a fire would be a breeze.

I would also have Pavs there.Not for any practical purpose but my response to the collapse of civilisation would definitely involve drinking large amounts of alcohol and I reckon Pavly would easily be the most fun person on the WTA to share a bottle of vodka or two with.

I also think Maddy might be useful.She is deceptively quick and her baseball skills could be adapted for clubbing small animals to death and bringing them back for food.And she would cheer the place up on Sveta's and Pavly's y'know moodier days.

I'm feeling better about the end of the world already.:)

Registered
Sveta has always struck me as one of those annoying people who would be good at whatever practical activity she tried. I would struggle to hammer a nail in straight so would be pretty useless come the Apocalypse, but I reckon Sveta could knock me up a log cabin in next to no time. And obviously making a fire would be a breeze.

I would also have Pavs there.Not for any practical purpose but my response to the collapse of civilisation would definitely involve drinking large amounts of alcohol and I reckon Pavly would easily be the most fun person on the WTA to share a bottle of vodka or two with.

I also think Maddy might be useful.She is deceptively quick and her baseball skills could be adapted for clubbing small animals to death and bringing them back for food.And she would cheer the place up on Sveta's and Pavly's y'know moodier days.

I'm feeling better about the end of the world already.:)
Yeah, I have the exact same impression about Sveta. And your point about Pavs makes a lot of sense. I really dislike her as a player, but she indeed seems lika a great person to share a vodka with.

About MAddy, uh, not so sure. She's lovely for sure, and seems to be always positive, unlike most WTA players who are mood as hell. But on that point I'd rather go with Clijsters.

Registered
Discussion Starter #46
Okay, new question. They've found a vaccine but unfortunately you only have enough to give one vial to one person in each pairing. Who do you save and why?
  1. Kenin vs Stephens
  2. Kvitova vs KaPlis
  3. Barty vs Stosur
  4. Mladenovic vs Garcia
  5. Kerber vs G枚rges
  6. Azarenka vs Sabalenka
  7. Andreescu vs Bouchard
  8. Pavs vs Kasatkina
  9. Svitolina vs Yastremska
  10. Wang Qiang vs Zheng Saisai

Premium Member
I leave equal chances to everyone to survive or not and only use the vaccine for the last person alive. 馃懠

Registered
Discussion Starter #50
So of the 20 players, you'd save only one? That's even crueller than making a choice.

Registered
Okay, new question. They've found a vaccine but unfortunately you only have enough to give one vial to one person in each pairing. Who do you save and why?
  1. Kenin vs Stephens
  2. Kvitova vs KaPlis
  3. Barty vs Stosur
  4. Mladenovic vs Garcia
  5. Kerber vs G枚rges
  6. Azarenka vs Sabalenka
  7. Andreescu vs Bouchard
  8. Pavs vs Kasatkina
Sorry, but you're pairing some of my favourites together. :confused::unsure: I'l just give them to my top 10 out of this list:

Kenin
Kvitova
Ka. Pliskova
Barty
Mladenovic
Garcia
Kerber
G枚rges
Svitolina
Yastremska

Registered
  1. Kenin vs Stephens
  2. Kvitova vs KaPlis
  3. Barty vs Stosur
  4. Mladenovic vs Garcia
  5. Kerber vs G枚rges
  6. Azarenka vs Sabalenka
  7. Andreescu vs Bouchard
  8. Pavs vs Kasatkina

Really tough pairs.

Registered
What my second answer implied. Saving one vaccine for 2 is the same as saving one for everybody. Everybody doesn't mean 20 but the most for one vaccine.
Just pick your winners.

Registered
Discussion Starter #58
What my second answer implied. Saving one vaccine for 2 is the same as saving one for everybody. Everybody doesn't mean 20 but the most for one vaccine.
I leave equal chances to everyone to survive or not and only use the vaccine for the last person alive. 馃懠
^ This post implies that you're waiting for things to take its course for all the others until one person is left standing. Ergo one lives and you don't help the others.

In any case, you have a way of sucking the fun out of threads. If you're not going to accept the spirit of my post then best that you don't participate.

Registered
Discussion Starter #60
Sorry, but you're pairing some of my favourites together. :confused::unsure: I'l just give them to my top 10 out of this list:

Kenin
Kvitova
Ka. Pliskova
Barty
Mladenovic
Garcia
Kerber
G枚rges
Svitolina
Yastremska
Belarus, Canada and China gone. I was just pairing players from the same country together but yeah it is hard...

41 - 60 of 64 Posts