Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which half will play Monday? Will it be the entire half?

Will the entire other half then play Tuesday, with rd 2 starting Wednesday?

Sorry for being naive :angel:

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I know one thing for sure, Serena - Maria will be the opening match. AA, night session. I'm guessing that their half will start first, then :shrug:

·
it's just me against the music.
27,113 Posts
I know one thing for sure, Serena - Maria will be the opening match. AA, night session. I'm guessing that their half will start first, then :shrug:
That's probably the right bet. It would theoretically give Serena a day off for the quarters too (USTA logic).

·
Registered
112,700 Posts
This will tell a little bit about tv ratings. If Serena/Sharapova is 1st evening match, its afternoon in California. If its the last match, its early evening in California
I wonder how they will schedule it, and whether Potapova/Gauff gets a big court. 2 players who won nothing on tour

·
Registered
604 Posts
well gauff will be hyped to the eyeballs and get an undeserving centre court night match, when many more deserving matches will be punted to smaller courts.

you have halep, sloane, bianca, petra & the defending champ osaka all playing on the same day, along with sabalenka v azarenka, mug v riske, etc. ( the men will most likely get preferential treatment anyway.)

i just think gauff shouldn,t be overhyped yet.

if gauff is as good as everyone thinks she is, she will win matches and then major court appearances will be deserved.
i just think it puts to much pressure on her.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Which half will play Monday? Will it be the entire half?

Will the entire other half then play Tuesday, with rd 2 starting Wednesday?

Sorry for being naive :angel:
We won't know the schedule for which half starts first until the final round of qualies finishes tomorrow, according to ESPN. And it will be the normal one half plays Monday and the other half plays Tuesday.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Assuming they still do their usual 12pm start, with1 men's and 1 women's through the day and 1 men's and 1 women's at night, and assuming Stephanie is right, I reckon Ashe will look something like this:

Monday
12pm
Djokovic vs opponent
Keys vs Doi

7pm
The usual hype show to start it off while people in Europe, who should be in bed, frustratingly just want it to end
Sharapova vs Serena
Federer vs Q

Tuesday
12pm
Osaka vs Blinkova
Shapovalov vs Auger-Aliassime

7pm
Nadal vs Millman
Muguruza vs Riske

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Where did Stephanie know which half plays first? According to this, this means the bottom half plays first, so Serena-Maria Monday.

This Schedule makes a lot of sense mate. Usually the defending Men's Champion (in this case Djokovic) gets 2 Days of rest between his Quarterfinal (which will be played the 2nd Tuesday of the Tournament) and his Semifinal.

This was the case with defending Champion Nadal last year. He got the 2 Day Rest between his QF vs Thiem and his SF vs Del Potro. It didn't help him much though as he was already banged up.

·
Registered
112,700 Posts
This is it: Nole on Ashe, also Barty/Diyas. They have the Barty match listed first then Nole. At night Serena/Sharapova then Federer
Armstrong is Pliskova, Medvedev, Venus, at night Wawrinka then Keys/Doi

·
La nuit je mens
86,901 Posts
Putting Andreescu on Court 10 is a choice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts