Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The WTA have basically forced her to enter the tournament through the "hard designation" rule. It wasn't on Jen's schedule and she probably wasn't fully preparing for this one.

Do you think she'll come in focussed and make a run for this tier 1 title or tank the tournament early? I think she's too much of a fighter not to give it a go. I hope she wins the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
She will take this title now, no doubt about that :bounce:
otherwise Amelie ;)

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
It'll be good for to play, regardless.. A title is a ttiel and any winds will be good for her mentally. Lets hope she goes into it with a positive outlook....
Go Cappy!

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Evidentley, thw WTA has it's gold player, people who they think will pull in crowds.. well there is a rule that these gold players know of that the WTA has the right to 'force' you to play a tournament if the star power isnt there..... if you chose not to play, you (the player) are fined 25,000 US dollars...
Thats my understanding/short version for you ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
well...if jen hadn't it in schedule and she has been forces...i'm worried she'll loose soon...usually she is not much concentrated in tournies that r not slam,imagine when she's forced to play...:awww:
obviously i'd like she could take it seriously and win but i'm doubtful knowing my jen..:sad:

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
She will have a tough 2nd round match against either Bovina or Schnyder. Jenny didn't do too well indoors last year, and with the WTA basically forcing her to play I wouldn't hold it against her if she lost. On the other hand though she is the top seed and has a chance to win a tier 1.

·
Bright Like Neon Love
13,433 Posts
Jennifer will come in to Moscow ready to play. It'd be better to play soon after the U.S. Open...she can get a win and rebuild her confidence.

Go Jen! :bounce:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Jenn might be happy about this one actually.

Jenn loves the "hard" matches and when going out to Stevenson she was a) unhappy with her eyes b) underestimated her opponent and c) was in the weakest part of her season overall - she does not like indoors.

This time, Schnyder should be the winner in the 1st round and is damned hot indoors and a lefty. I think Jenn is in a brilliant position with the knowledge that she never did well in a tournament she truely loves which is in Stuttgart next week. Playing a tournament before that, she should have a MATCH situation before that event not only training there. Going out early or not, I believe that Jenn takes this seriously, having been forced or not, and should be happy to play this one compared to Zurich the week after. Zurich is also a tierI but overcrowded with top10 players and skipping Zurich for Moscow could be a good decision if she decides to play Advanta before LA.

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
No tennis player can be forced into anything. Even if she isn't quite ready to play she still has until Wednesday or Thursday before her first match.

The question I have is why did the WTA wait until the last minute to make this decision? They've had a few days since Lindsay and Venus pulled out.

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
I wonder if this is a good sign that perhaps Jen's shoulder is better? She isn't going to risk hurting herself in a tournament she never intended to play.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I wonder if we'll see any difference in her serve this week since she's ben working with a serveing coach. Take this title home baby!

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
I doubt the WTA can tell Jennifer what to do. She's playing Moscow because she's been convinced rather than forced, which makes me think that she's here to play her best.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
She's there. She wants to play. Its that simple.

She will win.

·
Registered
455 Posts
This is a tough draw for her after not playing for some weeks and an indoor surface... do you really think she will win it?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Look at her indoor season last year... :eek:

Anyways she has quite a good draw until Petrova, maybe

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
jen is a fighter. but if she gets bovina in her first match and bovina plays well and really pushes jen then i think this idea about her maybe tanking might happen or is more likely to happen. if the wins come easy to her then i can't see her tanking. but if she has to start fighting then that is when the idea of tanking may come into play, however i can't see jen tanking a tier one when she has a great chance to win it (especially considering she hasn't been winning many titles the last couple of years.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
good point gowza, and thats how Jen feels.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts