Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the top players need to run out and hire Pat Etcheberry to train them.

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
I agree, but I don't think they would all be able to do so (injuries).

And with the exception of Clijsters and Anna Kournikova, I don't want the top players to reach Henin's level, or higher. Not that Henin's level is the highest.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its obvious this pat should not be underestimated

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
or they could not make so many errors...Henin does nothing but run balls down.

·
Banned
51 Posts
until they significantly improve, the rest of the tour is SOL. Justine is not my favorite but she is an amazing tennis player. After all, how often do you see a pro player improve their service power, percentage, placement, and lower double faults in a year?! Most players sacrifice one for another. Amazing.

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
TylerDurden said:
After all, how often do you see a pro player improve their service power, percentage, placement, and lower double faults in a year?! Most players sacrifice one for another. Amazing.
Serena did that last year and took home 4 SLAMS while at it!!

·
Banned
51 Posts
Ballbuster said:
Serena did that last year and took home 4 SLAMS while at it!!
No. She doesn't serve harder than she used to, or better than she used to in general, actually. She's always had an excellent serve.

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
TylerDurden said:
until they significantly improve, the rest of the tour is SOL. Justine is not my favorite but she is an amazing tennis player. After all, how often do you see a pro player improve their service power, percentage, placement, and lower double faults in a year?! Most players sacrifice one for another. Amazing.
Minus the service power, I would say Venus Williams from 99 to 2000

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
They the Williams don't have to improve (when at their best). Thank God Justine finally got a game plan to keep hope alive in the tour. Otherwise this year would have been a massacar.

Actually, it will be a massacar minus the French Open.

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Ballbuster said:
They the Williams don't have to improve (when at their best). Thank God Justine finally got a game plan to keep hope alive in the tour. Otherwise this year would have been a massacar.

Actually, it will be a massacar minus the French Open.
"Massacre". Thanks for coming out.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Justine did actually improve on her serve a lot. And she struggled at first after making the change around early 2002 I think...she got drilled by Hantuchova at Indian Wells

It worked out for her in the long run though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.