if it's spanish, it's hisela

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Jee-ZELL-ah (according to WTA Official Guide) :wavey:

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
I am hispanic... and it depends... the poor usually say it as hisela, but hte rich usually take it a jisela...

and yes the website says is jisela... so I suppose that is it...

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
I don't know. If I met her, I'm sure I'd stand there like a tongue-tied schoolgirl and then blurt out "God you're hot!" And hopefully, she'd reply "I'm Gisela. Please to meet you." And then I'd know how to pronounce her name.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
!(Duiz™==false) said:
I am hispanic... and it depends... the poor usually say it as hisela, but hte rich usually take it a jisela...

well she is rich...

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
In Argentina things are usually pronounced a little different. take Guillermo...the "ll" is more like an "sh" while in most other countries it sounds like a "y"

·
Registered
34,670 Posts
njnetswill said:
In Argentina things are usually pronounced a little different. take Guillermo...the "ll" is more like an "sh" while in most other countries it sounds like a "y"
Not "sh", more like a j sound. Gee-jermo.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,960 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
!!! - Dz™ - !!! said:

It has nothing to do with demographics or socio-economic status. Ask any spaniard or well spoken spanish speaking person and the response will be the same since she is of hispanic descent her name should be pronounced as it would be pronounced in the spanish language. Therefore Hisela. Jisela is the english or Americanized version. By the way she herself pronounces it Hisela, if any of you have had the opportunity to watch her on the Tennis channel.

·
Registered
134 Posts
that's my mother's name, but she's Swiss, so her pronuciation is different...it's like gi-sel-a like the "gi" sounds like the french pronunciation of the name "guy" like "gi" is as close as I can get to explaining it....but yes...I pretty sure she's the only one I know who pronounces it like that, so this is prolly not necessary....but I felt special ...:):):)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts