Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i don't want to hit the jym, what am i supposed to do?Thanks...:)

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
lol...pray? ;)

Or you could try steroids, but even then they're useless if you dont work out with them.

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JonBcn said:
lol...pray? ;)

Or you could try steroids, but even then they're useless if you dont work out with them.
LOL, i mean i have no time to hit the jym, but i can do some exercises at home, such as sit-up, push-up blah..but i seriously doubt if these exercise can efficiently help me to grow more muscular.

By the way, what is steriods?

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BigB08822 said:
You must work out! Eat a diet high in protein...

Now, if only I could follow my own advice...
I uaully eat a diet high in protein, but still not fit at all.

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
There is still these pseudo effortless work out method. Like the thing that supposedly build you up by stimulating your muscles with electric chock, but I don’t really believe in that kind of stuff. So, I guess you’ll have to get your butts out of your chair and do some real action. ;)

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kanji said:
There is still these pseudo effortless work out method. Like the thing that supposedly build you up by stimulating your muscles with electric chock, but I don’t really believe in that kind of stuff. So, I guess you’ll have to get your butts out of your chair and do some real action. ;)
As i have told, i am willing to do some real exercises at home, any suggestions?

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
ferrero said:
LOL, i mean i have no time to hit the jym, but i can do some exercises at home, such as sit-up, push-up blah..but i seriously doubt if these exercise can efficiently help me to grow more muscular.

If you dont know about steroids, its best that you dont find out ;)

You really can be muscly by excercising at home; my boyfriend does it. He has a few weights (they're not too expensive, but a bugger to carry home) and does them two or three times a week for half an hour or so.

This site might help you, it has lots of examples and routines and things http://www.menshealth.co.uk/fitness/index.html

:)

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
ferrero said:
I uaully eat a diet high in protein, but still not fit at all.
If you eat a diet high in protein and don't work out, you will only become fat. Protein helps build muscle, but it will turn to fat if you dont work it into muscle. Comprende?

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
ferrero said:

There is a few simple exercices you can do at home, you already named some. You can also buy some weights and maybe a book with exercices in it (or check Jon's website ;)). As for me, I have the big plastic ball (called a Swiss Ball), but right now I mostly go to the gym.

Steroids are pills that accelerate the growth of muscles. Some types are supposedly inoffensives, but if you ask for my opinion, don’t touch this, go the natural way (a lot more valorising). ;)

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BigB08822 said:
If you eat a diet high in protein and don't work out, you will only become fat. Protein helps build muscle, but it will turn to fat if you dont work it into muscle. Comprende?
I do exercise quite often, i go to school and back home by bicycle which takes 20 minutes each time. um..I play tennis three times a week...blah..

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kanji said:
There is a few simple exercices you can do at home, you already named some. You can also buy some weights and maybe a book with exercices in it (or check Jon's website ;)). As for me, I have the big plastic ball (called a Swiss Ball), but right now I mostly go to the gym.

Steroids are pills that accelerate the growth of muscles. Some types are supposedly inoffensives, but if you ask for my opinion, don’t touch this, go the natural way (a lot more valorising). ;)
I won't touch them, thanks for advice.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
ferrero said:
I do exercise quite often, i go to school and back home by bicycle which takes 20 minutes each time. um..I play tennis three times a week...blah..
Thats not weight building exercise. Perhaps you dont really know how to work out?

·
Team WTAworld, Administrator, aka Nibbler
5,919 Posts
Going to the gym doesn't take that much time really. I've been going with my sis for a month now. She asked me cause she didn't want to go alone but I don't really like it so most of the time I end up at the bar instead of the gym. :rolleyes:
Anyway, we go times a week for one hour each time.

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
The only real way to make muscles bigger is to make them move heavier load than they are used to. Unless you do heavy manual labor, the only way to do it is by weight training..

Push ups will help until your muscles get used to handling your body weight. Then they will refuse to get any bigger than they have to.
Buy some weights for home. But as stated before, they are a real drag to get home.

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
Keith said:
Thin is in. Muscles are overrated.
I should stop working out right now then! :eek:

Well, really, there is moderation in everything. You can work out to have a nice firm body without becoming a bodybuilder…

1 - 20 of 45 Posts