11,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which possible matchup do you want?

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I prefer (1) Serena vs (4) Justine ----- (3) Venus vs (2) Kim

because an all belgian final would be much cooler for us, the belgians, and the I'll take the risk of an all Williams final with that.

And a second point is that Kim has more of a chance against Venus than against Justine on clay IMO (assuming the top4 seeds reach SF, because looming QF opponents will be tough (Amelie, Jenn, Lindsay except maybe for Chanda)

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I voted (1) Serena vs (4) Justine ----- (3) Venus vs (2) Kim.

All Williams Final.. :D

But it also depends if Vee or Serena are on the same side of the draw. If they are, #2 would be resonable, With either sister facing off for the title against Kim.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I think justine is a better draw for kim in the semis then venus so I voted for that;)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
now I am sure they will meet in the semis and justine will beat kim 6:1 6:1;)

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Rhythmboy said:
I prefer (1) Serena vs (4) Justine ----- (3) Venus vs (2) Kim

because an all belgian final would be much cooler for us, the belgians, and the I'll take the risk of an all Williams final with that.

And a second point is that Kim has more of a chance against Venus than against Justine on clay IMO (assuming the top4 seeds reach SF, because looming QF opponents will be tough (Amelie, Jenn, Lindsay except maybe for Chanda)
I agree.

I don't want a non-Williams final because of the draw. And I want it to be possible to have an all Belgian final.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
i would prefer venus to play kim bcos when she plays venus she doesnt really get a chance to shine.if she played kim i really think she would come into her own and show what she is really made of :D

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
i would want both Williams sisters to be on the same side of the draw, jhust to change things up a little bit, but i think regardless of the draw, i dont think we'll have another all-Williams finals, but i could be wrong

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
1- Serena vs. 4- Justine

3- Venus vs. 2- Kim

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
You all know that I am not a Williams`fan but I voted for
(1) Serena - (4) Henin-Hardenne
(3) Venus - (2) Clijsters

I don`t know why but I have a feeling that (1) Serena - (3) Venus in semis would mean that either of them has to play against Jen in the quarters. And we shouldn`t forget that it is also possible that Lindsay is in the top half then, too. :rolleyes:

What a horrible draw that would be... :mad:

My draw:

Quarters:
(1) Serena - (8) Chanda (with Mary to meet Chanda in the Last 16)
(4) Henin-Hardenne - (5) Lindsay

(3) Venus - (6) Mauresmo
(2) Clijsters - (7) Jen

Semis:
(1) Serena - (5) Lindsay
(3) Venus - (7) Jen

Final:
(5) Lindsay - (7) Jen

Champion:
(7) Jen :hearts:

Reactions: *abby*

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
people are tired of seeing williams vs. williams.

but now you have the opportunity to not see it b/c of a drawing. That tells me, that it is very clear, the tour cannot stop williams vs. williams matchups in finals. The only way it can be stopped is to put them on opposite sides of the draw. And what does that say? Hell to me it doesn't say you will see a different Grand Slam winner. It says to me that you will see a Williams win another slam (probably easier than ever) but not playing a williams for the title :)

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I voted for # 2...Serena and Venus in the same half and Kim and Justine in the same half...

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
I vote for Kim v Venus
Justine v Serena

I hope all can go through, but whoever draw Amelie or Jenn win quarter may need to worry a lot.

but belgian Williams semifinal will alomost guarantee two epic matches and it will be so much fun if it happen :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
GermanBoy said:
My draw:

Quarters:
(1) Serena - (8) Chanda (with Mary to meet Chanda in the Last 16)
(4) Henin-Hardenne - (5) Lindsay

(3) Venus - (6) Mauresmo
(2) Clijsters - (7) Jen

Semis:
(1) Serena - (5) Lindsay
(3) Venus - (7) Jen

Final:
(5) Lindsay - (7) Jen

Champion:
(7) Jen :hearts:
No Monica? :(

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
I'd rather 1v4 2v3, that way when there is no all Williams' final, the draw cannot be made the scapegoat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts