1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hingis losing in first round WImbledon 2001 to Ruano pascaul
Venus losing 1st round French Open 2001 to Schett
Mauresmo losing 1st round French Open 2001 to Jana Kandarr

Marcelo Rios, thinks womens tennis is a joke becaue Hingis got througha few easy matches before the quarter finals...

Well, thats how it panned out THIS grand slam - but you dont have to go back too far to see big upsets over TOP players in the womens game BEFORE the quarter finals...

So, Rios, and Dawn Maree, and anyone else who agrees with what he said - just think back a little further and be THANKFUL that the top women players have made it to the 2nd week, its certianly not someting you can take for granted....

THe women are going to be the focus of the 2nd week, interest in the mens is at an alltime low, especially considering one finalist has to come from out of Bjorkman, Johansson, Koubek or Novak!!!! Who the hell wants to see any of those in agrand slam final??? Not me.

The women will rule the roost this week, the quarter finals matchups and SF matchups are all worth salivating over, and the mens is like, who cares????

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
I have to agree with you. I still remember last Roland Garros everyone was shouting how crappy it was cos some of the seeds lost in the early rounds, and now some people find it uninteresting to see the same faces over and over again.

Well personally, i like surprises, but i also like to see match-ups between the very best players. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts