Tennis Forum banner

How old were ya the first you swing your racket ?

• under 6 years old *goo goo*

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • 7-12 years old pre pubes

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • 13-20 - Growing spurts

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • 21-29 Peak Performer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over 30 Late bloomer ;-)

• I am too damn old to remember =-P

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was 11 years old the first time i picked up a racket and fell in love with the sport of Tennis :D :bounce:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
a couple of months before i turned 18 and a few months after that started coaching.

·
Banned
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gowza said:
a couple of months before i turned 18 and a few months after that started coaching.
Wow..talk about a fast learner! :eek: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :wavey:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
FraziersFan said:
Wow..talk about a fast learner! :eek: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :wavey:
in my first lesson they thought i was already playing good quality comp. about 3/4 months after i first picked up a racquet i was beating my coaches (who have played some satellites). my great grandfather was an amazing player so its in the genes, back in the 20's he use to hit with the top ranked aussies who i'm told were world champions at the time, everyone now says that he would have been as good as newcombe but at the time he choose a business career over a tennis career.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
15...i picked up a racquet for the first time my sophomore year of high school and played 1st singles ever since!!

·
Registered
34,574 Posts
I was 9 because i liked Rossana :) Now i love her! :hearts: :p

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Gowza said:
in my first lesson they thought i was already playing good quality comp. about 3/4 months after i first picked up a racquet i was beating my coaches (who have played some satellites). my great grandfather was an amazing player so its in the genes, back in the 20's he use to hit with the top ranked aussies who i'm told were world champions at the time, everyone now says that he would have been as good as newcombe but at the time he choose a business career over a tennis career.
coaching means giving lessons... :lol:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,053 Posts
I was about 8 years old as we used to play tennis as part of our PE lessons. Don't play as much now though.

·
3,777 Posts
I was 5 :bounce: and I still love playing tennis :)!

·
Registered
8,570 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I can't remember when I first picked up a racket, cos I remember I used to hit with my mum or my aunt in the backgarden, with my mum's old wooden racket, before I ever learnt to play properly, but I was 7 when I first went to short tennis classes (for anyone who doesn't know short tennis, is something that children often play here in the UK, it's like tennis, on a proper sized tennis court, but with plastic rackets and soft balls). I remember I hated my first class, cos I was ill, only no-one realised I had a fever until afterwards, but I was persuaded to go back the next week and have loved it ever since! ;) I started to have proper tennis classes when I was about 12 and have played off and on ever since.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Vass22 said:
coaching means giving lessons... :lol:
i dont know whether you are refering to myself being a coach or to me beating my coaches but to clear things up i took a few lessons when i first picked up a racquet then a few months later started coaching people myself at the centre that coached me. in regards to me beating those coaches, well we played matches outside of lessons.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts