Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from cable channels which are not available to everyone, how much TV coverage of the French Open do you have where you live?
Here they only start showing at men's quarterfinals which means the coverage starts on the Tuesday of the second week. We don't get to see any early round matches. I'm curious about other countries' situations as I assume you guys enjoy better coverage.

·
Registered
350 Posts
cable channels are available to everyone in Belgium ;).

- We've got TV1/Canvas (Flemish Public TV- Belgium) which is broadcasting almost all Belgian games)
- RTBF (French Speaking Public TV-Belgium): afternoon live games
- Nederland 2 (Dutch Public TV - Netherlands): almost all games untill 6pm.
- France 2-3 (French Public TV) : there are showing a lot ;)
- ARD (German Public TV): afternoon live reports

- Eurosport: (European "public" TV) almost all afternoon... :D

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
The local sports station SUPER SPORTS
will be broadcasting from *5pm - 1am daily Singapore time.
Coverage is based around the top seeds.

*11am- 7pm Paris time

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
monday, the 1st day of RG, i get 4 straight hours, then tuesday-wednesday, 6 straight hours, then thursday-friday, 7 1/2 straight hourse. weekends, i think 5/6 straight hours, and i guess the second week follows the same schedule. much more tennis thatn i got for the Australian Open

·
Premium Member
10,296 Posts
According to the TV Guide website, none.

Oh, joy....

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
In England:

On the 'terrestrial' channels (free - although you're supposed to have a tv licence) the BBC usually only show the singles finals and maybe some highlights of the semi's.
This is in direct contrast to Wimbledon, when they will broadcast non-stop from 11am till play finishes for the day, with highlights shown later, across two channels! This is because for most people in Britain, Tennis = Wimbledon.

Eurosport (only available here as part of a cable/satelite package) has coverage all afternoon + highlights.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
i don't even know if they'll telecast the frenchie here in indonesia but i doubt it will happen :fiery: anyone here who lives in indonesia, do u know which channel the frenchie will be on? it sucks living in indonesia i know :confused:

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
I have 4 to 5+ hours each day...but they're on the most crappiest hours (5am starts) :(

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
although i am not in australia at the momment i checked the websites and on channel 7 (which is free to air) they are showing it from the first day i think with about 6 hours coverage and on fox sports (which is cable) they are showing it 24 hours a day!!

·
Premium Member
20,741 Posts
I think I have about 5-6 hours each day, starting Monday. The draw back is I have to get up really early. 5:00 AM.

·
Registered
16,569 Posts
greenout, i think the coverage will go past 1am if necessary. they always go past 1am if the matches are still on.and i think we are getting the australian feed

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like I live in one of the most pathetic areas tennis wise.

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
gurl_tennis,

Yes they do the coverage until the last
match is over; but it's usually a men's
one so I usually go to sleep. :)

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
No coverage here in Indonesia :sad:
Maybe some 10 minutes highlights at TV5 Asie (everyday)......
SUCKS :fiery:

·
Love the Legends of Tennis
4,464 Posts
I am very lucky here in Australia as I will be getting:

* Fox Sports showing 24 hours a day! That's about 10 hours live and then repeats etc.
* Channel 7 coverage - about 6-7 hours live a day
* Eurosport (via New Caledonia) with about 6-8 hours a day

So I am excited - this is the best French Open broadcast I have ever had here in Oz!!!! :)

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
in australia we get about 4 hours live each day but if you have foxtel like me then it is on basically all day. on foxtel we have the live coverage and then it's sraight to highlights. foxsports 2 is tennis 24 hours a day.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
:eek: How lucky r u :eek:
Hope things go better next year in Indonesia :sad:
Last year we got the wimbledon coverage at local tv station.. and last january we got AusOpen Final both men and women matches.... Hope the sucks local tv will give us the final :sad:

·
Registered
811 Posts
in south africa...

complete coverage on MNET supersport. coverage from the moment first ball is struck till the closing of the last match - for the entire 2 weeks. so we are really lucky i guess :)

Reactions: schris

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Here in the Philippines, thanks to Solar Sports, we get the ENTIRE LIVE FRENCH OPEN coverage from 5PM to 2AM or until all matches are over everyday. :)

Whatcha gonna do Star Sports?! :p

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
wta_zuperfann said:
According to the TV Guide website, none.
Your location says "USA," so if you get ESPN and NBC, you get tons of RG coverage. I've compiled it all here.

When using TVGuide's search engine, the coverage doesn't show up if you ask for "tennis". You have to search on the words "French Open."

1 - 20 of 35 Posts