Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
i cant believe how many tournaments she is playing - the WTA should limit her, sick to death of seeing her on my TV:rolleyes:
:lol: Im NOT!! :drool:

·
Registered
771 Posts
thread number 908087907 about this subject.

She plays alot and wins alot so good for her.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Maybe it's because we are so used to seeing big name players withdraw from tournaments all the time claiming 'health reasons' that it seems strange to watch a very dedicated player who plays week in week out. If she goes too far she'll get injured, but in many ways she is showing up a lot of the other players on tour as the phonies they often are.

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
fuk 12345626282th thread about this.

who cares... good for her.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
god i'm rather sick of this topic..spam the end of an old thread, rather than creating another one..

Reactions: Viktymise

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
I agree...sick of drunko...she sounds like she has a mouth full of hot food...:weirdo:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
At least you see a lot of her and tennis, I barely see any live women's matches !!!! :( :cry:

·
Banned
35,898 Posts
She can play as much as she wants. She's a pro, she knowns when it's time to stop playing. Aslong as she's healthy she will continue to play, to to mention the $$$$$$$$ she gets out of it.

·
Registered
17,865 Posts
o please,maybe you want to watch some british players,but you cant because there arent any playing even first rounds of tier 5

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Jelena Jankovic is 22 years old.
She wants to win a slam and has the ability to win one.
For her to do so though her game has to catch up to the players younger than her who have more firepower in their game and to some of the veterans who have more mental toughness and experience.

To catch up, she has to play alot.

The same scenario happened to Kim and Justine during 2003.
They didn't really have any young players they had to worry about but if they wanted to win a slam they had to find a way to catch up to Serena.
So they played a very aggressive schedule.
Justine played 86 matches that year and Kim played 102 matches that year.
It seems to have paid off for Justine but backfire for Kim.

Either way neither player can say they didn't try everything in their power to get where they wanted to go and Jelena I'm sure feels the same.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Jelena Jankovic is 22 years old.
She wants to win a slam and has the ability to win one.
For her to do so though her game has to catch up to the players younger than her who have more firepower in their game and to some of the veterans who have more mental toughness and experience.

To catch up, she has to play alot.

The same scenario happened to Kim and Justine during 2003.
They didn't really have any young players they had to worry about but if they wanted to win a slam they had to find a way to catch up to Serena.
So they played a very aggressive schedule.
Justine played 86 matches that year and Kim played 102 matches that year.
It seems to have paid off for Justine but backfire for Kim.

Either way neither player can say they didn't try everything in their power to get where they wanted to go and Jelena I'm sure feels the same.
Justine played 18 tournaments in 2003. Jankovic will have already played 15 tournaments when Roland Garros ends ;)

·
Registered
13,990 Posts
She is playing as much as she wants to... Does anyone prohibits you to do your job? Has anyone ever said to you - Listen, you can work on Monday, but not on Tuesday and Wednesday, and then you can work on Thursday and Friday...

This is really getting :yawn: Leave the girl alone, she is doing what she wants!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,687 Posts
Thanks Jelena ! :inlove: :hearts:
I can watch your beautiful tennis each week :banana::woohoo::rocker:

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Justine played 18 tournaments in 2003. Jankovic will have already played 15 tournaments when Roland Garros ends ;)
It doesn't matter how many tournaments you play in if you're not making it to the semis or better consistently.

She's played 45 matches and we're half of the way through the season.
Big deal.
You don't get to the top ranking these days without playing and winning 60+ matches a year.
So I don't see what the big problem is.
She's setting herself up for trying to make a run at the number one ranking.
Good for her.
She has goals and I hope she gets there or at least a career high ranking.

Reactions: ~Kiera~

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
i so agree...i'm bored to death with her!! hope she loses early at the FO to make her realise that playing so much isn't the best solution.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
She does my nut in...and shes in Strasbourg...she should give it a rest or she'll be burnt out by 22.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I also think it´s ridiculous that she´s playing this much but it´s her life, her body. I just hope she won´t burn out. I would rather watch her consistently on my tv screen for the next 8 seasons than every week for two years. I´m also getting fed up seeing her in every tournie.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
omg why is a new thread started every other day (literally) on this subject? :eek: Just get the hell over it, she can do what the hell she wants. If you don't like seeing her, then don't watch. :)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts