Tennis Forum banner

How Many Singles Titles Will Raducanu Win In Her Career.?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing that every Tom, Dick & Harry has been making Raducanu posts, I thought I would do one as well.

I wondered now that she has joined the grind of the tour, what do you think she can achieve in her career, WINNING Tournaments, including any future slams.

Just as an example here are the following singles titles won by the current Top 20, plus The Williams Sisters

Serena, 73,
Venus, 49,

Barty, 13
Sabalenka, 10
Pliskova, 16
Svitolina, 16
Krejcikova, 3
Swiatek, 3
Kenin, 5
OSAKA, 7
Muguruza, 8
Kvitova, 28
Bencic, 5
Sakkari, 1
Pavlyuchenkova, 12
Halep, 22
Kerber, 13
Rybakina, 2
Jabeur, 1
Mertens, 6
Gauff, 2
Andreescu, 3

Registered
She has a great action just needs more strength which will come as she moves out of teens.

Also her serve got better even through the open, so believe it will continue to grow.
She is a decent height but simply doesn't have the power, pace and placement of Serena so it will set up points for her like a nadal or djoker perhaps but not be her main weapon. And the us open is a fast tournament.. I dont think we can judge how her serve will fare on the many other speeds and bounces of the regular tour.

Registered
More than 15.

The difference between her and the one-slam wonders like Ostapenko is that she has a solid enough 1st and 2nd serve that will get better as her game develops and does more work in the gym. She also has the ability to think her way through points. Her return game will also give her a lot of cheap points. Already known as one of the best returners on the tour will force some of the weaker servers on the WTA to go for more, resulting in more errors.

Her fundamentals are all good and there aren't any glaring weaknesses in her game.

Would like to see her develop a better drop shot and use her slice more.

Registered
Very hard to gauge levels above 15, because hitting 30 is very hard - Kvitova might get there, but players like Azarenka aren't anywhere close, and that's a career Raducanu could aspire to. A factor in all this: I have no concept of how much she'll play. Not as a matter of longevity, but as a matter of frequency throughout the year.

But 15+ for sure, absent something incredibly disappointing happening.

Registered
She is a decent height but simply doesn't have the power, pace and placement of Serena so it will set up points for her like a nadal or djoker perhaps but not be her main weapon.
I definitely don't see her matching Serena's accomplishments, but Emma has a great competitive spirit and it wouldn't surprise me if she had a career like Justine's, who had a hall of fame career despite her physical limitations. It will also help that there is no peak Serena around, nor a Naomi who is solely focused on tennis.

Registered
I definitely don't see her matching Serena's accomplishments, but Emma has a great competitive spirit and it wouldn't surprise me if she had a career like Justine's, who had a hall of fame career despite her physical limitations. It will also help that there is no peak Serena around, nor a Naomi who is solely focused on tennis.
She doesn't have the flair or imagination of justine ..but seems to have better sportsmanship too.
There will be so many good players around. I do think Barty's all court game could pose problems for Emma, and there are others who will be a match up even if they promptly lose in the next round. But she looks like a sensible person who will pace herself. What I really want to know is whether she would have focused on her a levels so well if she had already had a good wimbledon run a year earlier?

[[ I was never that happy with my a levels but am glad I chose to sacrifice one of them halfway through, when other students would have felt the pressure to do what the school wanted (but then that is another story in itself).]]

Registered
reality check.
In the history of women's tennis (open era) the following is true (maybe one mistake I hope not)
2 women have more than 20
2 women have more than 15
1 has more than 10
5 women have 6-10

only 10 women in history have more than 5 slams

another 10 women have 3-5

Only 20 women have 3 ore more slams in the history of women's tennis (open era)

Registered
I really do not care much about the other tournaments
I look at quality rather than quantity.
Grand slams are the only tournament all the players try to participate in the best possible condition.
Bjorn Borg my all time favorite male player never played a lot of tournaments
He is the one of the greatest ever.
If you are one of the best why grind yourself to death on the regular tour.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts