Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since VENUS has vowed to play more tournaments in 2002 and she already has two victories and is poised for her third win, I wonder how many titles this talented player can acquire in 2002.

VENUS could win 6-8 events this year, but at her current pace and especially if Dubai is her fourth title, we may see the future #1 player win 10-12 titles including at least one Grand Slam trophy along the way.

Injuries seem to be a bigger obstacle than most of her opponets, so if VENUS can be reletively injury free this year, then the title count may be an all time annual high for the Goddess of Tennis. :) :cool:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I hope so TeeRexx, I'm praying that Vee stay healthy and play the 15 tournaments she vowed she will play this year! If she can win 6 playing 12 tournaments, why not 10 playing 15!:D

·
Registered
16,318 Posts
I think the same she can win more than 6, but what i want this year for Venus, more even than #1 spot, is to win the rest slams of the year RG W and US.

That would be very nice:wavey:

·
Veelieve!!!
32,579 Posts
First and foremost, I'd like her to be HEALTHY this year... I won't predict since ya never know with Venus heehee... Anyway, it would be wonderful if she won more than 6, because she's ended the year 3rd and won 6 in 1999, 2000 and 2001 :p

·
Registered
283 Posts
Apparently Venus is playing Amelia Island satrting April 8th by the of Aprila she would have played 7 tournaments !

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I was thinking about this after she won the Open de Gaz. I feel she can win at least 10 titles. It would not surprise me if she hits 12-14.

·
Premium Member
19,764 Posts
If Venus stays injury free I say she can win 8 tounaments this year.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Unbelievably, 15 of 15

Hopefully, 11-14 of 15

Realistically, 8-10 of 15

All of these includes at least 1 slam:wavey:

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
QUEENLINDSAY said:
4 to 5 tournaments with no Grandslams
QUEENLINDSAY, why are you so obsessed with Venus? ;) almost every posts of yours concerns Venus and are always negative. are you still peeved off that Venus had defeated Lindsay to win the 2000 Wimbledon and 2000 US Open or that Lindsay hasn't defeated Venus in quite some time? (sorry, had to go there ;))

·
Premium Member
19,764 Posts
Don't worry CanIGetAWhat!! I think maybe QueenLindsay is a little frustrated because of how Venus played against Lindsay in 2001. :sad: Oh, QueenLindsay you forgot to add a couple more tournaments which can bump it up to 6 or 7 with no slams. Sounds like the record last year of your favorite player. With that being said, I hope Lindsay wins a slam this year.;)

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
I wish she could win them all, EXCEPT Wimby, because I want Serena to win that one.:D

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I think she'll win a lot around 8 inclduing Wimbledon and a few hardcourt titles!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
621 Posts
9 with at least 2 slams, if she remains injury-free

·
Registered
836 Posts
It depend on injuries, but Id say 5-6 including Wimbledon.

I think Venus, Martina and Jen will have a real battle for the number one spot and will dominate the tour this year. It should be a cracker!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I think Venus is going to win up to 13 maybe 14 titles!
Considering the fact that Venus managed to be #2 with a very low schedule she should easily be able to become #1,being committed to 15 tournaments this year!I think she wins at least 2 gran slams(hopefully including RG)

GO VENUS!:kiss:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
As long as Venus stays healthy, the sky's the limit!

·
Banned
692 Posts
Realsiticly Venus should win another 4-5. Maybe there is a grandslam included in that. but I have a feeling some other players are overdue for one. Hingis, Clijsters. Anyway Go Venus continue to shine,

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
POOR people!!!!! they cant accept others idea.

I just answered on the thread and accept it or not or kill your self!!!!!!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Queenlindsay

I hope Venus wins all the tourneys she enters, but most important,

1) I hope Venus wins at least 2 slams...RG and Wimbly

and

2) All the tourneys she won in the summer months

......lil sis can win US Open.:)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts