Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20+

Votes: 3 4.5%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is she a one slam wonder as we got plenty of them for the past years or a new multi slam champ ?

·
Registered
12,804 Posts
I don't think draws will fall apart this perfectly for her again that often.

We all saw how Serena intimidated her with just screaming last year at RG & not having to play Halep or Svitolina obviously helped.

Will wait to see how she fares vs big names in slams.

Well done to her for taking advantage though, also showed mental grit vs Anisimova coming back from 6-7 0-3

·
Blighted and solo
44,035 Posts
LOL she did fall apart when Serena screamed last year. Mess. :happy:

·
Registered
115,935 Posts
10-14. She is young and an all court player, but I dont think she will
challenge Court or Serena

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I don't see her winning that many more, maybe a couple more. She's great at mopping up the wins when the big names fail, but she needs to be able to beat other top 10 players in slams if she is going to win more of them. I also think in a couple of years players like Anisimova will be rising to slam winning level and this will draw a curtain down on her slam winning period. It also depends how she copes with the attention and pressure of being a slam champion and top two seed in the next two slams - she has yet to reach the qf in either of them - and of course, how she copes with the pressure at home in Australia at the AO.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
2 or 3, IMO. She's still young. She has at least another slam or two in her, if she were to retire around 30ish or so.

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
2-3 is a good bet!

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
She is good enough to win at least one or two.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
I'd think 5-6. She could definitely win a couple of Wimbledons, a US Open and even become the first Aussie to win the AO in 40+ years. She could even manage a 'career-golden-slam' with Olympic gold.

Plus a bunch more doubles if she wants to.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I'd be very surprised if this is her only slam, but I doubt she'll get above five.

She's going to be a contender at Wimbledon, which has a smaller list of potential champions than the hardcourt majors or the French, for a long time with her game, and while it's hard to see her winning the French again, certainly the way the Australian has played the last few years should give her some opportunities to win there.

I'm going to guess 3 or 4.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts