• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-23

• More than 23 - The GOAT

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Certainly more than 2 if she keeps her current game strengths and develops certain areas (serve, forehand, volleys) further. In which range, it is impossible to tell right now, need to wait another year for that.

·
Premium Member
12,061 Posts
Winner of US Open 2021 without dropping a set in 10 matches (including 3 in qualifying rounds). Also, winning slam as her maiden title. She's set to be the next IT girl of the tour since Sharapova with her cute commercial looks and articulate English, as well as winning slam at 18 years of age. How will her future be?
No idea. We might get a better idea in her next tournaments or through 2022.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I said 6 -10. I think more than 5 possibly since she's so young, she has probably around 20 years that she can play, but with how many different players have won Grand Slam tournaments over the last few years I'm not sure she'll win more than 10. She played impressive tennis from qualifying through the entire tournament. I think it's a little premature to really discuss because she hasn't even played a full season yet. The most she's played in one year is 9 in 2019 most of which were $15k and $25k events. I want to reserve judgement until we see her durability over a full season (15 - 25 tournaments or more). I think she could win multiple Grand Slam titles just like I think Krejcikova can, but given she's only played 7 tournaments this year and hasn't played more than 9 in any season we don't really know how good or bad she will play over a long season. She could be extremely durable like Krejcikova, who's already played in 29 singles tournaments, or she could be injury-prone like Andreescu who plays around half that many tournaments. We just don't know because there is not enough play history for me to say she's going to be a multiple Grand Slam winner or this is a 1-time win.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Let's not forget even the range between 3-5 GS is already pretty impressive (Sharapova, Kerber, Osaka, Clijsters, Capriati etc.). There're only 8 players in whole history (!) with 10+ GS. Shows you've to be one of the best players ever to achieve such kind of success.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i dont care how many slams she will win next

its just refreshing to see education and class being at the top for once

Dont be a Kardashian be a Raducanu

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
I think she will flop for a year getting used to the full grind of WTA and if her body is able to take then she will go on to win like 5.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The Britishs on the comments makes me laugh, but we French are the same I remember the overreaction with Hugo Gaston last year

·
Registered
653 Posts
Anyone that can win 20 consecutive sets as a teen qualifier in only their 2nd major has to be viewed as more than a one slam wonder. What Emma has achieved these past 3 weeks is not in the same stratosphere as Ostapenko, for example.

But I went 2-5....safe option but there is just so much depth in the WTA it's hard for 1 person to dominate all the majors like in the past. But I do think there's potential to win even more given the fact she's still so young and hasn't reached her peak yet.
At least she won matchs against top 10 players

61 - 80 of 81 Posts