• 16-20

• 21-23

• More than 23 - The GOAT

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
85,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winner of US Open 2021 without dropping a set in 10 matches (including 3 in qualifying rounds). Also, winning slam as her maiden title. She's set to be the next IT girl of the tour since Sharapova with her cute commercial looks and articulate English, as well as winning slam at 18 years of age. How will her future be?

·
Registered
470 Posts
everyone always overpredicts how many slams a new winner will win.
Slams are damn hard to win.
players like Graf and Williams are very very rare.
Even the next layer of 567 is very rare.
Naomi with 4 is already pretty high historiclly speaking in no. of slams. 4 is 13-16 on the all time list.

·
*Sesil*
21,616 Posts
Naomi with 4 is already pretty high historiclly speaking in no. of slams. 4 is 13-16 on the all time list.
Very true, I am sure a thread about Ivanovic similar to this is knocking around the dungeons of TF somewhere.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
True, people overestimate these things quite a bit. Only 7 players have managed to win 5 Slams since the the mid 80s.

However, I have to say that 4 Slams is nowhere near 13-16 on the all time list as 30 players have managed to win at least 5 Slams in history. Perhaps you meant the open era?

·
Registered
470 Posts
if it is it was a cinderally run and i will never forget it .
She very likable person with many wonderful attributes actually i hope she does not spend to much of her life in tennis.
She just has too many other abilities to waste.
Her interlect for one.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
given how things are and that Osaka is the last champion to win more than one, I'll treat this win as an addition to the growing list of one slam winners we have - ostapenko, stephens, kenin, andreescu, swiatek. Whoever steps up to the plate can come and claim more but it appears no one is ready to do so.

·
Registered
433 Posts
kenin, andreescu, swiatek
I think a lot of people here are too hard on all three of these ladies. It'll have been a year in October since Iga's GS, it's been two since Andreescu's and will have been two since Kenin's come February of 2022. They're all still young as well (Iga's 20, Andreescu just turned 21 three months ago and Kenin will be 23 when the 2022 Aussie Open is scheduled to take place).

1 - 20 of 81 Posts