Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Every match she plays, in it's entirely

Votes: 8 14.5%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's got the event anyway? ESPN, USA? I've been watching on the internet so much now I don't notice which channels. But they'll surely show some women's doubles. and it is their only chance to show Sharapova?

So, what will we see?

Nothing? Five minutes here or there? The final, if she makes it that far? (Bet Hell fucking yes on that one)

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
depends who she plays and in what round. if shes playing another popular team they might show the whole thing. but im guessing she wont do that well and they'll just show a few points during a break or end of day wrap up.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
As long as she's in the tournament because she's Sharapova and has missed the tour more than 7 months.

Sharapova playing doubles! It's a gimmick.

People are bored of Ivanovic and Jankovic.

·
Hoping for less D'oh and more woohoo!
14,454 Posts
Considering the Crappy:help: coverage we get in the States, I doubt that cheap ass Fox Sports net has enough money to point a camera any were but center court.:devil::fiery: Also the doubles will start in the end of the first week when The Tennis Channel has coverage rights and they can only show ATP matches.:fiery: So if Sharapova doesn't get to at least the 3rd round of doubles, you can't see her on American television.

·
Hoping for less D'oh and more woohoo!
14,454 Posts
As long as she's in the tournament because she's Sharapova and has missed the tour more than 7 months.

Sharapova playing doubles! It's a gimmick.

People are bored of Ivanovic and Jankovic.
How can anyone get bored of Jankovic:shrug: she is willing to her "opponent completely come on top of her"?:eek::lol::rolls::haha:

Now how can that be boring?;)

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
1, i doubt she'll go far in the draw..... anyways as long as she's there thought they'll show her cause its not like they'll be another big name on court....

·
Banned
13,295 Posts
Nadal Moya vs Federer and another mug faced each other in doubles at Rome years ago (2007) and it was not played on Center Court . So , I don´t think Masha will get a Center Court match

·
Registered
21,005 Posts
It's doubles, so none.
Maybe they'll show MP if she wins, but not more than this, they barely show us singles matches, so doubles?

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's doubles, so none.
Maybe they'll show MP if she wins, but not more than this, they barely show us singles matches, so doubles?
When it's the Williams Sisters, and it's late in a tournament, they show it.
Which, of course, is not about any affection for Williams2x. It's about money. The Fabulous Moolah.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Considering the Crappy:help: coverage we get in the States, I doubt that cheap ass Fox Sports net has enough money to point a camera any were but center court.:devil::fiery: Also the doubles will start in the end of the first week when The Tennis Channel has coverage rights and they can only show ATP matches.:fiery: So if Sharapova doesn't get to at least the 3rd round of doubles, you can't see her on American television.
I don't know about the states , but here in Europe, Eurosport isn't showing much tennis lately , it's like they reduce it every few months:fiery:

·
Registered
24,260 Posts
Maybe some highlights.
I don't know how I feel about showing only men's matches and then Sharapova trying to play doubles. Seems a bit sad to favor that over another women's singles match.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts