Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Jennifer Capriati

Votes: 19 59.4%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't it weird to think that Jen Cap has three grand slam singles titles, the same number as Lindsay Davenport!!? this time a year and a half ago she had none! who do you think will end up with more grand slam sinlges titles in their career? Lindsay or Jen?

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
I like both

They'll both get the same amount, I can't pick I like both players.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
I like both players, but Lindsay has been playing non-stop since she was a teenager, whereas Jen had time off and therefore could be more driven to succeed and reach her potential - and win more slams...

You saw Lindsay's reaction to being no. 1 - she's been there and done that, jen is hungry to stay there for as long as possible. I think we saw that yesterday.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Lindsay's grand slam trophy resume looks more impressive, even though they have the same total.

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
I hope Jen

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Well, if they have to play each other, we know who usually comes out on top in that match-up!

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
well i don't think either will slam again, but davenport can win more close matches these days. but i think we know not to forget about jenn... so it's up in the air. certainly if the sisters leave and 1 and 2 are belgians, they can get more titles... but its hard to envision.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Seles said:
and this thread was dug back up from 2002 because....... ???
i just think this might be the last US Open for
either to win one, Lindsay is married, and Jen
sure aint getting any younger, or better.......

·
Registered
455 Posts
If anyone of these two will win a slam (and that's a big IF), it's Jenn. Jenn plays the top players more closely than Lindsay, moves better, has more competitive fire, etc. People forget that this year, Lindsay has beaten as many top ten players as Jenn has (that's not too many). But I agree, that the sun seems to setting on both...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts