Tennis Forum banner

How many major titles will Iga Swiatek win in her singles career?

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
well imo iga"s serve is quite bad. she was broken too many times during us open, vickery was almost beating her by breaking every serve game of hers, so did vika as well. though she got sensational scores, iga got broken or won a lot of deuce games in this tournament as well. serve doesn"t matter much on clay but it is like e4 opening on other surfaces. opponents can easily check mate if she doesn"t have a proper serve and they will hit faster, harder and bigger since they will be playing against a slam champion in the future. so if she keeps not benefiting from her serve games, i can"t give any chance to iga on other surfaces- but she is the queen of clay! 2-3 rg slam possible!

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I'll say min three French's & leave it at that for now. Have to see her on other surfaces before going too overboard.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Too early to make big long term predictions and the poll 3-5 is too vague as a category.

i’m saying 3 in the span of the upcoming 5 years. Beyond that I won’t speculate till we see more results from her as a seeded too ranked player

·
Registered
323 Posts
Maybe 20 maybe 0 Its too soon to tell
Anyting between 1 and 30 :rolleyes:
Not fair, you can only vote once :ROFLMAO:
Next slam she wins you're gonna say "anything between 2 and 40" ?

Since following tennis fairly closely the last couple of years I've seen a few players being the best thing since sliced bread. I think it started with the Bencic comeback late '18, Sabalenka who seemed unstoppable, Yastremska (?), Osaka (!), Andreescu, Rybakina who seemed unstoppable.....And somehow Barty who snuck in there without too much fuss. Some have prevailed, others have dwindled (temporarily ?).....This girl was on a roll and played brilliant tennis this GS, but who knows what the next year will bring. She may seem cool as a cucumber but at 3-3 first set there was already some frustration, and in the doubles semi she lost her cool as well........Let's just wait and see and enjoy......

·
Registered
55,124 Posts
5+

Iga is only 19 yo now, so has a lot of time.
Serena and some other Top players will retire soon.
So the road is open for Iga to win many more Grand Slams.

·
Registered
707 Posts

Since following tennis fairly closely the last couple of years I've seen a few players being the best thing since sliced bread. I think it started with the Bencic comeback late '18, Sabalenka who seemed unstoppable, Yastremska (?), Osaka (!), Andreescu, Rybakina who seemed unstoppable.....And somehow Barty who snuck in there without too much fuss. Some have prevailed, others have dwindled (temporarily ?).....This girl was on a roll and played brilliant tennis this GS, but who knows what the next year will bring. She may seem cool as a cucumber but at 3-3 first set there was already some frustration, and in the doubles semi she lost her cool as well........Let's just wait and see and enjoy......
Ik wist niet dat ik al bijna exact dezelfde reactie had geplaatst gelukkig houdt jij dat goed bij 🤣 I like her very much but its to soon to tell. Maybe she will never win again or maybe she will win 4x a carrier GS. Its WTA everything is possible. We thought that andreescu would also win 30 GS but she’s has never played again 😢

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
35,846 Posts
18 posters are already wrong. That didn't take long. Honestly though it is too early to say. That said, something would have to go terribly wrong for her to win fewer than another 2 or 3 to add to the one she just pocketed. Of course it could be substantially more than that if everything clicks as it could and as it should.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Very hard to say, on her performance this Fortnight, potentially Quite a few, however we all know consistency is not a trait in the WTA, even Osaka who has three is not somebody I would rely on at all.
I want to see how Iga goes in 2021, before I give a definitive response, just to make sure there is no letdown, players have been known to get very comfortable with their achievements.

·
Registered
10,700 Posts

Don't forget 2017 with Ostapenko and Sloane Stephens winning at the French and US Open, we also thought that was the start of something.

In women's tennis, making predictions is very hazardous now.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Grand Slams are overrated in current women's tennis. Nowadays winning in IW, Madrid, Rome...is basically the same than winning in Paris. Stop judging these players by the amount of majors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
She clearly had a phenomenal run at the FO and showed she has what it takes to become a multiple GS champion. But she needs to keep it up and her head clear. We've seen a lot of inconsistency on the WTA, a lot of surprise winners and former champions that disappeared out of the top seeds for good. But certainly, I can see winning more big tournaments!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Grand Slams are overrated in current women's tennis. Nowadays winning in IW, Madrid, Rome...is basically the same than winning in Paris. Stop judging these players by the amount of majors.
And thats way I like the best of 5 more then the best of 2
WTA grand slams are exactly the same as every other WTA tournooi, its nothing special .
When you can win a little tournament , then you can also win a big tournament / GS
We see that all the time

The men side is special, you most done something incredible to win that titel
Its very different then a normal tournament.

You most earn that million dollar price money.

·
Art & Futures
20,542 Posts
Swiatek can certainly earn a decent amount of slams but she still needs to improve her defensive game. She is lucky she didn't really face anyone at RG who could blast her off the court.

Reactions: ChrisR80

·
Registered
12,008 Posts
Swiatek can certainly earn a decent amount of slams but she still needs to improve her defensive game. She is lucky she didn't really face anyone at RG who could blast her off the court.

Who really would have potential to do that to her on these courts though? Serena?

Reactions: ChrisR80
101 - 120 of 120 Posts