Tennis Forum banner

How many major titles will Iga Swiatek win in her singles career?

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
I voted 3-5 because I really believe in both Iga's talent and workethic, and not just because of one match result. If the poll had been set up a bit different would have voted for 2 or 3.

Reactions: NMQ

·
Registered
69 Posts
Let see how strong Iga is mentally in the next few matches. Many players have the game to win Slam but only a select few are strong enough mentally to actually win a GS. Mental strength is what differentiate GS contenders from pretenders

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I would say 3-5, but it's just a random shot.

And I have to say I don't really agree with people repeating it's an unnecessary thread just because "every time some girl wins a big match someone asks this". Iga Swiatek has been a promising prospect for years and she just dismantled the biggest favourite for the title.

·
Registered
17,786 Posts
I will start to believe she might be the contender if she doesnt melt down in her next match. So far I am still not extra optimistic. ;) Will start to be if she makes SF in an easy manner.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Let see how strong Iga is mentally in the next few matches. Many players have the game to win Slam but only a select few are strong enough mentally to actually win a GS. Mental strength is what differentiate GS contenders from pretenders
Even if she gets too nervous in this one, that doesn't mean that nerves will get in her way the rest of her career.

·
Registered
707 Posts
We will see , its always interesting how a young player will deal with all the pressure and money an fame when she is known by the big public. She was under the radar but now she is realy famous .
Thats s a very different feeling.

·
Registered
20,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
One hand on the trophy to open her slam bank account...

·
Registered
298 Posts
I always thought she would win Roland Garros one day, but wasn´t expecting this result that soon. I´ll go with 3-5.

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
It's possible that she'll get 5 at just RG alone, but she still needs to show she can make this game work on other surfaces.

Reactions: Perun and Rogue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's possible that she'll get 5 at just RG alone, but she still needs to show she can make this game work on other surfaces.
I think she can do that. Seeing 4 of her games in RG this girl I think she can perform well on any surface. Just a combination on strength, intelligence and skills.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The way she plays at 19 yo. my prediction is double digits. I think she has the potential to be the dominant player of her generation.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Her performance throughout RG this year and in the final indicates that she has a bright future ahead. I think she will win at least 5 slams, her game translates so well to clay. If she can establish her on other surfaces like hard court and grass then she could definitely get close to double digits.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts