Tennis Forum banner

How many major titles will Iga Swiatek win in her singles career?

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

Registered
Oh look, did you forget to log out and replied with the wrong account? 馃ぃ

I wasn't the one who brought her up here, and never compared her to Iga. It's actually YOU and that other Clemon troll - provided you're not the same person - who always bring her up everywhere, with hyperbolic BS most of the time ("she can beat anyone in top-10").
you are a funny guy I like youre humor :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Any time there is zero in the poll, you can rest assure that it will be the most popular option.

Reactions: Perun

Premium Member
Maybe but Serena was uniek , we will not see that anymore.
10 GS is to many , I think many girls can win 3 GS but thats the limit.
For now Osaka is the woman to beat in the next year, but she only can do it on hardcourt.
I dont think that Iga or Bianca will win 10 GS or more .
Serena is not unique in the sense of being a truly dominant player. Like I said pretty much every generation has had a player or two that dominated and won a lot of slams.

60s: Court and King
70s and 80s: Navratilova and Evert
90s: Graff and Seles
00s: Serena, Venus and Henin
10s: Serena

Serena also blocked some other players from looking more dominant like Azarenka and Sharapova as well as Venus and Henin. Someone will most likely emerge to be dominant during the 20s and 30s.

Registered
Serena is not unique in the sense of being a truly dominant player. Like I said pretty much every generation has had a player or two that dominated and won a lot of slams.

Serena also blocked some other players from looking more dominant like Azarenka and Sharapova as well as Venus and Henin. Someone will most likely emerge to be dominant during the 20s and 30s.
you are right, but in this time it dont think it will happen again
the 1 player with absolute domination, this are other times with more distractions in life.

there are many players who will win a GS or 2 or 3 but nobody will dominated for a realy long time.

Registered
I've wanted a core top 5 (or so) for the coming 5ish years to feature Barty, Osaka, and Andreescu, with a few more operators who come and go based on the surface, etc., and of the players I'm thinking of as the top clay players, Swiatek and Vondrousova are the top of the class.

Wouldn't be surprised to see her win 3+ majors. She's already demonstrating the top sustained level of clay tennis we've seen in about a decade, and she likely has room to grow, not to mention other surfaces.

Very exciting time for tennis, with the caliber of young talent emerging.

Premium Member
you are right, but in this time it dont think it will happen again
the 1 player with absolute domination, this are other times with more distractions in life.

there are many players who will win a GS or 2 or 3 but nobody will dominated for a realy long time.
I think we have been seeing a transitional period (largely due to Serena's prolonged success), but now we will see 2-3 players from the younger generation that will pull away from the field.

The same will happen in men's tennis when the big 3 move on. It's hard for the transition to happen when a player sticks around and continues to dominate in their mid to late 30s.

Also despite her "distractions" Osaka already has 3 slams at 22 years old. Seems like there is a good chance that she is one of the players that will pull away completely.

Registered
These kind of threads are the ones that created unnecessary hype. Let her win her first one. Beating up a slam winner doesn't make you a front runner to be a slam winner. Don't get me wrong, I like Swiatek very much , and I think it's nice that she hasn't been overhyped at all, and keeping it that way is better.

Registered

Kinda like Michael Jordan blocked a bunch of hall of famer鈥檚

Registered
These kind of threads are the ones that created unnecessary hype. Let her win her first one. Beating up a slam winner doesn't make you a front runner to be a slam winner. Don't get me wrong, I like Swiatek very much , and I think it's nice that she hasn't been overhyped at all, and keeping it that way is better.
but the sweet girl is overhyped :ROFLMAO: did you not seen all the sport media? everybody is talking about the new queen in town.

Registered
I'm guessing more than 5. She's competitive on a niche surface, which will open the door for FO success, which has fewer serious contenders than hard courts. Her groundstrokes are apparently capable of matching the top men, even in the heaviest conditions, which certainly helps shut down the more strategic players, such as Halep. She's demonstrated poise, maturity, and a willingness to learn from her mistakes, as evidenced by turnaround from last year to this year against Halep. She has a bright future and I look forward to her demolishing more favorites in the future.

Registered
Who on earth is hating? Look at this logically: everyone who has posted about Gauff's performance this week has commented on the fact that her first serve is good, but her second needs a lot of work (viz 19 double faults in one match!); her forehand is adequate, but not much more; her backhand is very good; her movement and anticipation are also very good; she gets rattled and starts to bash, especially her second serves, if the match starts to go against her.

Contrast those comments with what we saw today from Swiatek, and there is simply no comparison - Iga was light years ahead of anything we've seen this week from Coco. Now, to put that into perspective, Iga is just under three years older than her. Let Coco have those three years learning and strengthening, and it's quite likely that she will be at roughly the level Iga is now - maybe a bit better, because Iga has concentrated on her education, whereas Coco has been playing tennis.

In the meantime, though, I think back to my post from the "What will happen in five years" thread (or whatever it was called - I can't find it!) from several months ago, where I wrote something along the lines of "Swiatek, having now won the last six Grand Slam doubles titles with Maja Chwalinska and completed the Calendar Slam..." Some rubbish like that, anyway!
What is this for nonsens?
That kid is in school , why do you think she has no education?
She had a science test between her Q match at Wimbledon.
Her parents said in interviews how importent school is and that she only play tennis when her grades are good.
Of course all those young tennis kids gets homeschooled, thats nothing new. Im sure Iga and her sister where also homeschooled. The same of Kenin or WS etc etc.
And I think the same with the sweet girl Brenda and her sister.
But all those girls have education! Its not only tennis in there life / youth.

Registered
That is the difference. Gauff is fitting schoolwork in when she can, between practices and matches and everything else that happens on tour. Swiatek has been at an actual school - she hasn't been travelling around. That's why she hasn't played as many tournaments as some other teenagers.

Again, Gauff has been out on tour LONGER than Swiatek! I'm not knocking Coco, and I certainly don't hate her like some on here, but Iga hasn't had all the million-dollar support and hype that Coco has. She also hasn't had ANY wild cards to tournaments, and she also hasn't had the rules bent in her favour - unlike Coco.

I'm glad you agree with me that it needs work now that she's playing WTA.

Ok are you sure that Iga was not home schooled?
All those girls gets home schooled and even in east Europe thats very normal for young athletes .

I find it always funny that people again and again complaining about the 3 WCs she got.
And 2 of them where for Q

Its not she gets WC everywhere she was, why do people think that?

Also Iga could has gotten WC, everybody can get a couple of them

Registered
Very exciting times in women's tennis in the next 10 years indeed. The pusher era is officially dead. We have Barty and Andreescu, aggressive players with lots of varieties in their games, a very powerful and spectacular player in Naomi who can attack and defend in equal measure and very talented aggressive young players in Swiatek, Tauson and Kostyuk in the mix. Can't wait

Registered
If Swiatek plays until she is 30 and isn't off injured too much, I would be quite surprised if she didn't win a Slam. She could get 20-25 chances depending on how many Slams she misses. That is a lot if you are one of the top 5 contenders.

Registered
I guessed about 20 with Bouchard. And she is getting there. Slowly.
Swiatek, I need to see her as a favorite in this QF. She was a huge underdog this last round, which is much easier to swing away
Then I'll predict

61 - 80 of 120 Posts